03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Hi guys,
My brother's PPR has been reversed, apparently. He requested IRCC to change his address (moved from one country to another after eAOR), and got this letter in return, asking him to mention his and his family's address history for 2022, and stating that the decision will be based on the answer he provides.

I think the reason it happened is due to the fact he didn't update his address in time. He has been away from his old country of residence for 8 months now and couldn't move back due to COVID restrictions, although he intended to. This PPR reversal is sad as well as surprising for us, and hope his application doesn't get rejected at this point. Just wanted to share the incident with you so you all be careful and never ever mess with the process even if it's the last stage of your application.

Please share your experience if something as unusual as this has happened to you or anyone else.
Wish us luck.
Will keep you posted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
My brother's PPR has been reversed, apparently. He requested IRCC to change his address (moved from one country to another after eAOR), and got this letter in return, asking him to mention his and his family's address history for 2022, and stating that the decision will be based on the answer he provides.

I think the reason it happened is due to the fact he didn't update his address in time. He has been away from his old country of residence for 8 months now and couldn't move back due to COVID restrictions, although he intended to. This PPR reversal is sad as well as surprising for us, and hope his application doesn't get rejected at this point. Just wanted to share the incident with you so you all be careful and never ever mess with the process even if it's the last stage of your application.

Please share your experience if something as unusual as this has happened to you or anyone else.
Wish us luck.
Will keep you posted.
You don’t get your PPR canceled because your requested to change your address. There seems to be an issue with qualifying depending on where he lived in 2022. What program did he apply for?

Reactions: NOMAD2017

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
You don’t get your PPR canceled because your requested to change your address. There seems to be an issue with qualifying depending on where he lived in 2022. What program did he apply for?
He had PNP and then got ITA in FSW category. I think his mistake was to inform IRCC too late about moving from his country of residence (Hong Kong) to Pakistan. He is a permanent resident of HK and has been living there since he was a teenager. He came to spend a few months with the family while working from home, and got stuck due to COVID restrictions. He should have informed them.
Another thing is that he first asked for an extension to submit the passports, because he was traveling to Saudi Arabia when the PPR letter arrived. IRCC even gave him the extension for 60 days to submit the passports in HK. He should have just visited HK to submit the passports coz the HK Govt has lifted the COVID restrictions last month. Guess everything got messed up when he listened to the consultant and requested IRCC to change his address at the very last moment. Then this letter came, telling him to submit the address history for 2022 and wait for the decision. In short, his case has been moved from PPR stage to the previous one due to one red flag and now we don't know the outcome of the case. Let's see/

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He had PNP and then got ITA in FSW category. I think his mistake was to inform IRCC too late about moving from his country of residence (Hong Kong) to Pakistan. He is a permanent resident of HK and has been living there since he was a teenager. He came to spend a few months with the family while working from home, and got stuck due to COVID restrictions. He should have informed them.
Another thing is that he first asked for an extension to submit the passports, because he was traveling to Saudi Arabia when the PPR letter arrived. IRCC even gave him the extension for 60 days to submit the passports in HK. He should have just visited HK to submit the passports coz the HK Govt has lifted the COVID restrictions last month. Guess everything got messed up when he listened to the consultant and requested IRCC to change his address at the very last moment. Then this letter came, telling him to submit the address history for 2022 and wait for the decision. In short, his case has been moved from PPR stage to the previous one due to one red flag and now we don't know the outcome of the case. Let's see/
Did he count remote work as continuous work at an employer? Was that in 2022? Did he ask for an extension at the HK offices spevifically and when did he change his address? Before the 60 days? It’s not a common problem and without knowing his whole application tough to comment.

Last edited:

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
As IRCC always mentioned this on PPR letter
"Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada."
He informed them after receiving this PPR letter. but I am afraid if informing too late can also result in cancellation.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Did he count remote work as continuous work at an employer? Was that in 2022? Did he ask for an extension at the HK offices spevifically and when did he change his address? Before the 60 days? It’s not a common problem and without knowing his whole application tough to comment.
He left HK a month after submitting his application and receiving eAOR. He was already working remotely in HK and has more than 7 years of work experience, so I think, that cannot be an issue. His case was finalized, means the work experience had been approved, and the passport was already requested for visa stamping. But the late address change request could be the reason of reversal of PPR. I wonder, why would they change his status all of a sudden after graciously granting him extension. He got the PPR letter in September, they mentioned the expiry date of his CoPR in it, everything looked great. Then he first asked for an extension coz he was goin to Saudi, the flights were booked. He got the extension, then he asked for address change (after staying in Pakistan for 8 months) which raised a red flag, IMO. Now I hope they won't use this delay against him to reject his application. It's written on their website that failure to inform IRCC about address can result in refusal or abandonment of the application. He has failed to inform them in time, but he did inform them eventually, before submitting the passports for Visa.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
His was such a straightforward case. Hong Kong PR made things way easy and swift compared to our case. We waited for more than 2 years to get our PPR. while, his journey from NOI to PNP, and from ITA to PPR hardly took a year. He really messed up in the end. I was so looking forward to having him and his family here this year. Will be heart breaking if they refuse such a clean application over an unintentional mistake of not updating the address in time.