+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR for New delhi, spouse in India, i am in Canada

hks.v

Oct 26, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am a bit late to this thread, My wife is living in India and I am in Canada, I just recieved the PPR and I have only 30 days to send my passport. They have specifically mentioned that my passport have to be sent though VFS india along with my wife's passport. But I just got a new job and i cannot go back to india soon. Please instruct me on what i can do. primary office is ottawa and i applied under CEC. Your reply will be very helpful. Thanks.

MSeth

Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

Did you check with a lawyer or got any information from CIC about your's and your wife's passport submission?

Actually i am in the same situation. We submitted the application in Canada in September. I have to go to India in november but i cannot come back to Canada as we are under implied status of our WP extension process. So if we receive PPR after i leave Canada, we are also not sure if i can submit my passport in India and my husband in Canada. Please let me know once you get any information about the same, Thanks !

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
Hi,
Once you receive your PPR email, you should request a change of VO for you or your spouse as the case may be. If your original VO is Ottawa, the email is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. If it's NDVO, it might be different but the email address should be at the top of the email you received.
Within a few days, you should receive a second email from the new VO with instructions on how to send the passport(s).
Follow the instructions and send your passports to the respective VOs.

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
h
Hi,
Once you receive your PPR email, you should request a change of VO for you or your spouse as the case may be. If your original VO is Ottawa, the email is CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca. If it's NDVO, it might be different but the email address should be at the top of the email you received.
Within a few days, you should receive a second email from the new VO with instructions on how to send the passport(s).
Follow the instructions and send your passports to the respective VOs.
Hi, I'm in similar situation. My wife is the primary applicant and she lives in the USA. We received our PPR email 2 days ago with requested to send our passport by mail to Ottawa VO. However, I (spouse) live in Europe, therefore my wife requested through this email id- CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca for a nearest VO for the spouse and we received another request letter to submit in Vienna Embassy. However the letter is again addressed in the Primary applicants name. Do you this it is normal ? Or should this additional PPR request should be addressed to the spouse ? Looking forward for your feedback. Thanks

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
h

Hi, I'm in similar situation. My wife is the primary applicant and she lives in the USA. We received our PPR email 2 days ago with requested to send our passport by mail to Ottawa VO. However, I (spouse) live in Europe, therefore my wife requested through this email id- CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca for a nearest VO for the spouse and we received another request letter to submit in Vienna Embassy. However the letter is again addressed in the Primary applicants name. Do you this it is normal ? Or should this additional PPR request should be addressed to the spouse ? Looking forward for your feedback. Thanks
Hi,
All correspondence in my case was addressed to me as I was the primary with just my name and UCI number- even the second email. That is quite normal.

Reactions: Dami78

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
Thank you very much ! Any tips on preparing the PPR package by mail ?
Just follow the instructions :)
Different VOs may have different instructions for the PPR package. For my spouse's package, although not asked for, we also included my passport copy and a letter of explanation just to be extra safe. Similarly for my package, I included the same letter of explanation stating that my spouse's pp is going to a different visa office.

Good luck!

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
Just follow the instructions :)
Different VOs may have different instructions for the PPR package. For my spouse's package, although not asked for, we also included my passport copy and a letter of explanation just to be extra safe. Similarly for my package, I included the same letter of explanation stating that my spouse's pp is going to a different visa office.

Good luck!
Thanks for your feedback. It was really helpful.