+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR for dependent only

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@harryguns
You will receive a notification. A friend of mine went through the same thing. But that was before Wuhan virus situation. If you do not receive any notification in a week or so, then reach out to CIC and explain your situation as currently all inland landing appointments are on hold. So you won't be able to walk in and complete your landing process soon. But wait and watch a notification for yourself first. They may conduct a telephonic landing appointment too.
@gta88 Thank you for your reply. Do you mean your friend received PPR letter first for his/her dependent and then a separate letter for his/her landing appointment?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@gta88 Appreciate your help. One last thing, I know you have answered somewhere above, but just trying to grasp the "Note section" which they have mentioned as below.

Does the 30 day timer start after the inland principal applicant's confirmation of PR (post landing formalities) and NOT from the day this dependent's PPR letter was issued?

Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in India within 30 days of the primary applicant’s confirmation of permanent residence status. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@canuck_in_uk I received the PR email today with COPR document attached in the email stating that I am PR and IRCC have asked me to send copy of the letter along with photos for PR card processing. My question is the letter is dated 20-May 2020, however, I received it today, 05-June 2020 which is almost 15 days gap.

For me, the next step is my overseas dependent should submit the passport to VAC for getting it stamped. But there is a clause in her PPR letter which was received earlier - which states that the passport should be received within 30 days from the day principal applicant becomes PR. Does it mean I should count the 'days left for her to submit passport' from today or from the date which is mentioned in COPR document? Your help is much appreciated

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
@harryguns

I'm PA residing in Canada and my dependents are in India. They marked as "PA is in Canada and Deps are in Overseas" and didn't issue COPR for my PR application. Could you please tell me how did u stamped their passport for your dependents since all VAC's are closed in India.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@harryguns

I'm PA residing in Canada and my dependents are in India. They marked as "PA is in Canada and Deps are in Overseas" and didn't issue COPR for my PR application. Could you please tell me how did u stamped their passport for your dependents since all VAC's are closed in India.
My dependent passport is not stamped yet. Waiting for VFS in India to open

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
My dependent passport is not stamped yet. Waiting for VFS in India to open
Thanks for quick response. IRCC not issuing COPR for me as well and they are saying like my dependents are in Overseas. How did you and your dependents get COPR?

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Does anyone know if a dependents passport can be stamped outside of the individuals local VFS. In my case, my dependent is a little girl, I’m in Canada and she in my home country, because she can’t travel alone, I have her passport with me. Will IRCC allow me to send her passport to a local VFS close to me in Canada or will I have to send it back to my country for stamping??

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Does anyone know if a dependents passport can be stamped outside of the individuals local VFS. In my case, my dependent is a little girl, I’m in Canada and she in my home country, because she can’t travel alone, I have her passport with me. Will IRCC allow me to send her passport to a local VFS close to me in Canada or will I have to send it back to my country for stamping??
may I know what did you do?