+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR for dependent only ‍♂️

Sergio_ag

Aug 15, 2019
Hello! After a long wait of 10 months (or more than a year if you count the EE pool) I received an email request for my dependent’s passport, but not mine. I am from a country where I don’t need a visa to enter Canada, but my dependent is. It makes sense that they only request for my dependent’s passport, but will I receive a separate email for myself once they have my dependent’s passport with them? Help! I’m a bit confused!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello! After a long wait of 10 months (or more than a year if you count the EE pool) I received an email request for my dependent’s passport, but not mine. I am from a country where I don’t need a visa to enter Canada, but my dependent is. It makes sense that they only request for my dependent’s passport, but will I receive a separate email for myself once they have my dependent’s passport with them? Help! I’m a bit confused!
Can you share what happened ith your case?

I am kind of in the same situation.. my dependent spouse got the PPR and already submitted her passport to the corresponding IRCC office overseas. I live in Canada and have for the past 4 years. However i have yet notreceived any letter por landing interview or anything like that.

What happened in your case?

Thank you in advance!

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Can you share what happened ith your case?

I am kind of in the same situation.. my dependent spouse got the PPR and already submitted her passport to the corresponding IRCC office overseas. I live in Canada and have for the past 4 years. However i have yet notreceived any letter por landing interview or anything like that.

What happened in your case?

Thank you in advance!
Hi There, could you please update what happened in your case? I suppose the dependent has to submit the passport only after primary applicant receives the PR status. Could you please share your experience? Cheers.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi There, could you please update what happened in your case? I suppose the dependent has to submit the passport only after primary applicant receives the PR status. Could you please share your experience? Cheers.
The dependant can submit it anytime once it has been requested. However, they won't stamp the visa until the inland main applicant has completed the landing. The officer who does the interview will then inform the corresponding visa office so that the process is completed for the dependant.

This is what happened.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
The dependant can submit it anytime once it has been requested. However, they won't stamp the visa until the inland main applicant has completed the landing. The officer who does the interview will then inform the corresponding visa office so that the process is completed for the dependant.

This is what happened.
Thanks for the response. In my case, the opening paragraph in the PPR letter states the following

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

In your case, did IRCC first request for your passport, followed by COPR letter and then completed the landing formalities?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks for the response. In my case, the opening paragraph in the PPR letter states the following

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

In your case, did IRCC first request for your passport, followed by COPR letter and then completed the landing formalities?
No, I completed my landing without sending my passport in since I was in Canada at the moment.