+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR finally! Outland app but currently in Canada - can I send to Ottawa?

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 13 months of waiting, I finally got the email requesting my passport. In the email are instructions for what documents to send where (depending on where you are residing). There is a bit of ambiguity (or I just want to be extra sure) regarding which is appropriate for my case, so I was hoping to confirm from those who were in the same situation recently.

I am a Philippine passport holder (VISA required) and my application was processed in Manila. However, I have been staying with my wife here in Canada for the past 2 months, having applied for and received a temporary residence VISA while my PR application was in process.

The instructions basically say that if I reside outside Canada, I should send to the appropriate VAC. And if I reside in Canada, I should send to Ottawa. My holdup is that I am technically just visiting Canada at the moment, not "residing." Can I group myself with the second category, anyway?

There is a note in the email that seems to suggest this:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) or if applicable, photocopy(ies) of passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

I can use my wife's address as my mailing address and I do intend to stay here with her. I am the only one on my application, no dependents. I can send to Ottawa, right?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yes, since you are in canada right now and plan to be for 3 months, send your passport to ottawa and use your wife's address (this is where they will send your passport). the term "residing" is used loosely and certainly includes those who are currently visiting for more than 3 mo. time.

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, since you are in canada right now and plan to be for 3 months, send your passport to ottawa and use your wife's address (this is where they will send your passport). the term "residing" is used loosely and certainly includes those who are currently visiting for more than 3 mo. time.
Thanks very much! That was my hunch as well but I wanted to be extra sure as I plan to send my docs today. Have a good day and a +1! :)

PlannerMan

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
Hey Phil,

Can I ask how this worked out? My wife and I are planning to do the same.