File Transfer...
Aug 24 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 5 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 23 2010
I need some guidance on what to do in a situation that one of my relatives found themselves in.

As a spousal PR applicant within India, he got the PPR request today via email but the email asks him to send his passport to Islamabad, Pakistan for stamping. Now I'm pretty sure that it is an error on their part since it doesn't make sense to send it to Pakistan when his application is being processed by New Delhi.

He tried calling the New Delhi visa office and the person there rudely cut him off saying he should send an email inquiry and that is all she would say (their email template says that it may take up to 30 days to respond!). Their email inquiries are not the most responsive and since the ppr has a deadline of submission within 30 days he is in a bind as to what to do.

He has already sent them an email today and will probably wait for a week to see if he gets a response but is there anything else others would suggest based on similar experience in the New Delhi office that he should do in the interim?

I have seen other threads on here where people have sent their passports to the correct visa office with an explanation so I want to know if that is the way to go in view of no timely response?

pj123

Apr 29, 2017
I need some guidance on what to do in a situation that one of my relatives found themselves in.

As a spousal PR applicant within India, he got the PPR request today via email but the email asks him to send his passport to Islamabad, Pakistan for stamping. Now I'm pretty sure that it is an error on their part since it doesn't make sense to send it to Pakistan when his application is being processed by New Delhi.

He tried calling the New Delhi visa office and the person there rudely cut him off saying he should send an email inquiry and that is all she would say (their email template says that it may take up to 30 days to respond!). Their email inquiries are not the most responsive and since the ppr has a deadline of submission within 30 days he is in a bind as to what to do.

He has already sent them an email today and will probably wait for a week to see if he gets a response but is there anything else others would suggest based on similar experience in the New Delhi office that he should do in the interim?

I have seen other threads on here where people have sent their passports to the correct visa office with an explanation so I want to know if that is the way to go in view of no timely response?
hi
i got similar email
i guess its not an error..we can go to vfs and verify may be

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Is your friend from Afghanistan? I think Afghan passports are stamped in Pakistan.

shk90

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-11-2016
File Transfer...
19-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it resolves soon. What number did your husband use to call the visa office?

spsponsor

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 24 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 5 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 23 2010
My relative who got the ppr and his wife who sponsored him are both Indian citizens so we are perplexed as to why the ppr is asking him to send his passport to Islamabad. I'm not sure what number he called but it was to the new delhi visa office

Reactions: shk90

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

pj123

Apr 29, 2017
My relative who got the ppr and his wife who sponsored him are both Indian citizens so we are perplexed as to why the ppr is asking him to send his passport to Islamabad. I'm not sure what number he called but it was to the new delhi visa office
we are sure its an error as assigned vfs visa offices will send the passport internally ...i dont think they can send it to pakistan

Marksman222

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi (NDVO)
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017 & AOR2 Received.: 25-01-2017
File Transfer...
SA & Transfer: 06-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Got PPR today, I'm Afghan Applicant so I got Pakistan. My application was also processed in New Delhi but PPR in Pakistan.

spsponsor

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 24 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 5 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 23 2010
Got PPR today, I'm Afghan Applicant so I got Pakistan. My application was also processed in New Delhi but PPR in Pakistan.
Our reason for thinking that this is an error is because both people on this thread who got the email are indian citizens and reside in India. Is your applicant residing in India too?

pj123

Apr 29, 2017
Our reason for thinking that this is an error is because both people on this thread who got the email are indian citizens and reside in India. Is your applicant residing in India too?
VFS people told us that they are not authorized to send it to pakistan. So for sure its an error. Logicaly thinking, if the file is in Delhi why would v have to send the passport to any other VO.

F123

Jun 13, 2017
My wife received PPR on Jun 8th asking her to submit passport to Pakistan. We've emailed them back and requested to change visa office to Delhi. Awaiting a response. Please update if any of you hear back from NDVO. I will do the same.

pj123

Apr 29, 2017
My wife received PPR on Jun 8th asking her to submit passport to Pakistan. We've emailed them back and requested to change visa office to Delhi. Awaiting a response. Please update if any of you hear back from NDVO. I will do the same.
Hi i am on the same boat.......We emailed them too....please keep me posted if any reply...Did u go to vfs office?

Barats

Jun 12, 2017

I dont think that would be an error. I have heard from peaple that they have been asked to submitt thier passport to Islamabad visa office so they have got thier visa from Islamabad last month.