+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Nothing new really , regarding immigration the highlights from the letter are: focus on family reunification, strengthen the critical sectors with key workers ( health , food processing , transportation) , and give new paths of permanent residency to temporary workers, which in itself is not a good news as it means no immediate plans to welcome newly approved PRs, basically he is saying let's focus on who we have here , make the temporary workers permanent residents , let's bring more temporary workers for critical sectors and let's wait to see out the pandemic.

I also believe that they will not allow new immigrants in , the numbers of new PRS outside are huge, if they allow them in this means that they need more vaccine doses , which also means more workload on the health sector, my prediction is that we will not see new PRS allowed in before Fall/end of fall 2021 , when most canadians would have gotten vaccinated.

The last year and the current one are really to forget in terms of outland immigration.

Reactions: Hchadda

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Failed to comprehend, how can the new immigrants land if the travel restrictions of March 18, 2020 are still in place?
For now it concentrates on workers in critical sectors like healthcare etc., more pathways to permanent residency for temporary foreign workers, family reunification etc.

Reactions: Dell2018

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Nothing new really , regarding immigration the highlights from the letter are: focus on family reunification, strengthen the critical sectors with key workers ( health , food processing , transportation) , and give new paths of permanent residency to temporary workers, which in itself is not a good news as it means no immediate plans to welcome newly approved PRs, basically he is saying let's focus on who we have here , make the temporary workers permanent residents , let's bring more temporary workers for critical sectors and let's wait to see out the pandemic.

I also believe that they will not allow new immigrants in , the numbers of new PRS outside are huge, if they allow them in this means that they need more vaccine doses , which also means more workload on the health sector, my prediction is that we will not see new PRS allowed in before Fall/end of fall 2021 , when most canadians would have gotten vaccinated.

The last year and the current one are really to forget in terms of outland immigration.
Sadly agree to the above.. it seems PRs are not a priority right now.
And yes.. i too feel they plan on vaccinating their pop first and waiting out the pandemic.

Reactions: UniSaverH

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Sadly agree to the above.. it seems PRs are not a priority right now.
And yes.. i too feel they plan on vaccinating their pop first and waiting out the pandemic.
Yes , it is common sense i think, if they are planning to welcome new PRs during the next few months , surely they must include them when placing orders for Covid vaccine , most vaccines require 2 doses , so if there are let's say 400 k PRs from end 2019 , 2020 and 2021 still waiting outside Canada to come in, the government need to order close to 1 million additional doses for them ( ironically the target for 2021 alone is 400 k people all streams included) , unless they tell people to vaccinate themselves before getting in which would not be right, if you are planning to welcome people as new PR you must provide them with same rights as citizens as stated by the Canadian PR laws.

As we speak many countries are starting to run out from the first vaccine stock , France for example have doses left only for 600 k people, many other countries are facing the same problem , Canada is no different they have a stock in place and many other orders yet to come, they can't welcome people currently without a proper guarantee that those people will get the vaccine or even will come vaccinated before landing in the first place.

And the above scenario cover only the vaccine situation without addressing all other factors currently preventing Canada from letting people in ,whole situation seem more complicated and very complex than we all first thought it would be.

Reactions: ArJee

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Yes , it is common sense i think, if they are planning to welcome new PRs during the next few months , surely they must include them when placing orders for Covid vaccine , most vaccines require 2 doses , so if there are let's say 400 k PRs from end 2019 , 2020 and 2021 still waiting outside Canada to come in, the government need to order close to 1 million additional doses for them ( ironically the target for 2021 alone is 400 k people all streams included) , unless they tell people to vaccinate themselves before getting in which would not be right, if you are planning to welcome people as new PR you must provide them with same rights as citizens as stated by the Canadian PR laws.

As we speak many countries are starting to run out from the first vaccine stock , France for example have doses left only for 600 k people, many other countries are facing the same problem , Canada is no different they have a stock in place and many other orders yet to come, they can't welcome people currently without a proper guarantee that those people will get the vaccine or even will come vaccinated before landing in the first place.

And the above scenario cover only the vaccine situation without addressing all other factors currently preventing Canada from letting people in ,whole situation seem more complicated and very complex than we all first thought it would be.
Even though I agree with most of your analysis, I think that it would be acceptable for Canada to require vaccination before granting PR status, at least for now. Since you are not PR until you land and complete the procedure, there is no obligation on their side to treat you as a permanent resident of Canadian citizen.

Reactions: UniSaverH and ArJee

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

I feel one of the requirements could be for people to be vaccinated before entry.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Even though I agree with most of your analysis, I think that it would be acceptable for Canada to require vaccination before granting PR status, at least for now. Since you are not PR until you land and complete the procedure, there is no obligation on their side to treat you as a permanent resident of Canadian citizen.
I agree with you, i believe that having a Covid vaccination prior to landing might just become one of the requirements. I don't think that's a bad idea or unwarranted. Although the Vaccinations are being administered on a priority basis, for eg, in Canada Ontario, the vaccines will be available to everyone by Aug (3rd Phase, https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario? ), other countries are also administrating the doses the same way so it might be a while before we all get Vaccinated.
So 2020 and 2021 can pretty much end being a write off. Covid is nowhere near under control and stupid A*#holes who are refusing to wear a mask or are not following social distancing are keeping it alive.
I don't know how long i can keep my life on hold, i can't establish myself where i am and am uncertain if my visa will even come thru or not!! I dunno man.