+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR deadline expired for 2 days - do I have to worry ?

polypolo

Apr 19, 2017
Hi there,

I just found out today that I received my PPR email letter a month ago (March 16) -> without notification in myCIC account.
Actually it was not in my inbox, not in spam or junk email and I did not receive any notification.
I just found out by chance because I made a research on my gmail account for something else.
Thank you Gmail to make me miss this so important email !

Anyway, this email ask me to send (by mail) passport copy and ID photos within 30 days at Ottawa Visa Office.

So I did this process in emergency and I mailed everything today so they should receive it Thursday. (I already live in Canada)
Obviously I missed the deadline for... 2 days.

Do you guys think I'm gonna be rejected for that ?
Does anyone experience the same kind of situation ?

I tried to advise the Visa Office and tell them to wait and avoid closing application. But automatic email tells me that they re busy and they take care of my request in 20 working days...

I'm so upset about Gmail to not notify me this email.

Also how come that CIC does not communicate with me through myCIC as usual ?

My situation :
- I live in Canada through Work Permit
- did My Express Entry application in Canada
- send Application in November 27 2016

Does anyone as advice ?
Thanks

rarara

Jan 31, 2022
Hi there,

I just found out today that I received my PPR email letter a month ago (March 16) -> without notification in myCIC account.
Actually it was not in my inbox, not in spam or junk email and I did not receive any notification.
I just found out by chance because I made a research on my gmail account for something else.
Thank you Gmail to make me miss this so important email !

Anyway, this email ask me to send (by mail) passport copy and ID photos within 30 days at Ottawa Visa Office.

So I did this process in emergency and I mailed everything today so they should receive it Thursday. (I already live in Canada)
Obviously I missed the deadline for... 2 days.

Do you guys think I'm gonna be rejected for that ?
Does anyone experience the same kind of situation ?

I tried to advise the Visa Office and tell them to wait and avoid closing application. But automatic email tells me that they re busy and they take care of my request in 20 working days...

I'm so upset about Gmail to not notify me this email.

Also how come that CIC does not communicate with me through myCIC as usual ?

My situation :
- I live in Canada through Work Permit
- did My Express Entry application in Canada
- send Application in November 27 2016

Does anyone as advice ?
Thanks
Hey man did you get your passport stamped? I am in a similar situation. Missed deadline by 20 days or so :(