+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR: Changing spouse's passport submission center

jeff3754

Jun 21, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
URGENT!!: I got my PPR 2 days back. My wife (Secondary applicant) is in Canada and I'm in India (Primary applicant). The email says that our Passports have to reach New Delhi Visa Office within 30 days.

Can my wife submit her Passport in Canada? Or do I need to inform IRCC first and only after their response should I tell my wife to submit her passport as per the response?

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
URGENT!!: I got my PPR 2 days back. My wife (Secondary applicant) is in Canada and I'm in India (Primary applicant). The email says that our Passports have to reach New Delhi Visa Office within 30 days.

Can my wife submit her Passport in Canada? Or do I need to inform IRCC first and only after their response should I tell my wife to submit her passport as per the response?
You need to both send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and raise a CSE asking for another PPR for your wife as she's living in Canada, they'll reply to you in one to two weeks with a new one telling you to send the passports to CPCO - Ottawa. Do not send the passport directly without the letter as that is one of the requirements besides filling Annex A.

jeff3754

Jun 21, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You need to both send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and raise a CSE asking for another PPR for your wife as she's living in Canada, they'll reply to you in one to two weeks with a new one telling you to send the passports to CPCO - Ottawa. Do not send the passport directly without the letter as that is one of the requirements besides filling Annex A.
Thanks @roysanchez I'll definitely do both. Am I free to send my passport without waiting for a response since I am in India and am the primary applicant? Or do I also need to wait?

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks @roysanchez I'll definitely do both. Am I free to send my passport without waiting for a response since I am in India and am the primary applicant? Or do I also need to wait?
I don't think you need to wait as they handle each passport as a different package, but I would recommend you to call the VAC first and ask them just in case.

Reactions: jeff3754