+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - Canada Post experiences and signature required??

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Hey everyone,

I guess I’m probably panicking over nothing but I thought I’d ask and see other peoples experiences with mailing their passports. I just mailed my information for the passport request on Monday 3/20. The PPR e-mail I received says the following:

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Now my question is this. I sent my “package” via Canada Post Priority (Overnight) with Signature Required box checked on the package. The CIC e-mail doesn’t say anything about signatures/PO Boxes as long as it’s a return address in Canada, which it was. I did send them an Xpresspost prepaid envelope as well…but I wrote the Destination Return address on the XpressPost return slot because the Canada Post guy told me to fill that section out. Then I re-read my e-mail and saw this: “DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.” – so that has me worried now. I assume they’ll just slap a sticker/label over it with the address that’s on the Annex (which is the same address as the one I wrote)....but can anyone else share their experiences? Has anyone else sent their passports via Canada Post Priority with signature and got it okay? I mailed it to the PO Box above as they said because our mailing address we want the passport/visa sent to is in Canada.

My package says "In Transit" still but was "Expected Delivery" yesterday 3/21....should I just re-mail it all ASAP and find it later, or when should I start to worry?

Thanks.

*EDIT* - Looks like it was just updated to Delivered. w00t w00t!! My question still remains with the whole "DO NOT WRITE ON RETURN XPRESSPOST ENVELOPE" but I fail to read and I wrote my RETURN address (not the CIC address). Will they hate me? What's next? Thanks

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
Annex A stand for "Schedule A imm5669"?

Have you sent this form before and they asked for it again or is it the first time they requested it.
Im asking because i sent mine when it was requested with medical and pcc and im not sure if they will for it agaib with ppr.

As for the return address on the envelope it shouldn't be a big deal, keep checking the tracking number for the return envelope though.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Taxed said:
Annex A stand for "Schedule A imm5669"?

Have you sent this form before and they asked for it again or is it the first time they requested it.
Im asking because i sent mine when it was requested with medical and pcc and im not sure if they will for it agaib with ppr.

As for the return address on the envelope it shouldn't be a big deal, keep checking the tracking number for the return envelope though.
Hi, thanks for the reply. No the Annex A is just a form where you write your address for your passport/visa to be issued to you. The Form 5669 I did include with my original application but I was required to upload it online after linking my application. Check MyCIC and you can see any requests for documents on the website. I also was e-mailed the request.