+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Call and Wife is outside of Canada

sk016

Mar 26, 2015
Hey!

Please advise if someone has similar case.

Currently I am in Canada and my wife is residing back home, outside Canada. I added her during my PR processing and she did her medical from back home. 3 days before I got PPR email. As per that I sent my passport to CIC and emailed CIC to advise me where to send my wife's passport as she is outside Canada. However, I have not received any reply yet.

This morning I contacted CIC call center, and I was told that once my paper work would be completed and I landed into Canada, I have to notify landing office regarding my wife being back home; only after that she will get PPR call from CIC.

I am not sure if I should wait till then. Please advise what to do in this case? Should I wait till I land?

Thanks in advance!

Sylar2000

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
sk016 said:
Hey!

Please advise if someone has similar case.

Currently I am in Canada and my wife is residing back home, outside Canada. I added her during my PR processing and she did her medical from back home. 3 days before I got PPR email. As per that I sent my passport to CIC and emailed CIC to advise me where to send my wife's passport as she is outside Canada. However, I have not received any reply yet.

This morning I contacted CIC call center, and I was told that once my paper work would be completed and I landed into Canada, I have to notify landing office regarding my wife being back home; only after that she will get PPR call from CIC.

I am not sure if I should wait till then. Please advise what to do in this case? Should I wait till I land?

Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem my friend.. I did emailed cic last night and then called immigration this afternoon regarding this matter..Immigration just said to me that i have to include a cover letter explaining that my wife is in the philippines and is not here in canada.. I sent today my passport to cpc ottawa with the cover letter plus the print out of the PPR..

sk016

Mar 26, 2015
Hey Sylar 2000,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I did send a cover letter along with PPR and passport to CIC. Also, I emailed CPC explaining my situation. I am just wondering what else can I do at this point?

Anyone with this similar situation previously, please advise us.