+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR but I’m already in Canada - where do I send passport?!

Fatima98

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hey guys, I just received my passport request letter last night. The issue is that I applied from Pakistan online in July 2020. In October 2020 I came to Canada on my visit visa with extended family reunification authorization. I am now still in Canada. I have Submitted a Web form as well and also sent an email to my local VFS office in Islamabad about what to do and where I can send my passport for stamping now. But I also wanted to ask the opinions of the experts on this forum. What options do you think I have for the situation?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Hey guys, I just received my passport request letter last night. The issue is that I applied from Pakistan online in July 2020. In October 2020 I came to Canada on my visit visa with extended family reunification authorization. I am now still in Canada. I have Submitted a Web form as well and also sent an email to my local VFS office in Islamabad about what to do and where I can send my passport for stamping now. But I also wanted to ask the opinions of the experts on this forum. What options do you think I have for the situation?
passport stamping - refer this link - send to ottawa
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html

then send webform for study permit document - refer link -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/permit-approval-outside-canada.html

Reactions: Ironclad

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020

Dear Fatima, First of Congrats on Passport Request.

I have two questions;

1. I saw your post you have previously done biometric for visitor visa so my question is did you received BVL letter this time for Study Permit as well? When was your biometric details were updated on GCKey?

2. Second question is related to your passport submission. Did you submit your passport in Canada or you went all the way back to Pakistan ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Jazak u Allah