+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR = Approved?

gdp79

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
I got my PPR last Tuesday and sent my passport to VFS the next day.

Just wondering what are the chances if any at this point my PR visa will be rejected. From what I am reading in the forum, PPR translates to Visa Approval.

I don't want a situation where I get a PPR, assume my visa is approved, resign from my company, pack-up my things but then the last minute I find out my visa is refused

Btw, how long is PPR to Passport Return in VFS Manila?

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
gdp79 said:

Just wondering what are the chances if any at this point my PR visa will be rejected. From what I am reading in the forum, PPR translates to Visa Approval.

I don't want a situation where I get a PPR, assume my visa is approved, resign from my company, pack-up my things but then the last minute I find out my visa is refused

99.9% your visa will be approved. Do not worry. Just have all the documents in place while landing.

GG_23

Aug 24, 2015
Hello gdp79..am curious to know how long it took you get your passport from Manila Visa office? I submitted mine on 16th May and still have not received it..any help will be great!

Thank you

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
gdp79 said:

Congratulations to PPR!

Besides some catastrophic changes, that basically gives you more or less 100% chance of approval.

Just need to get COPR and do your landing and you are all set.

All the best for your time in canada :)

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
GG_23 said:
Hello gdp79..am curious to know how long it took you get your passport from Manila Visa office? I submitted mine on 16th May and still have not received it..any help will be great!

Thank you
2 weeks at least to 1 month. It really depends where your location is. You can check the VFS website and talk to a representative for further clarification. God bless!

GG_23

Aug 24, 2015
Hello zen2x

Thank you for the reply. I live in Seoul, South Korea and was asked to submit the passport in VFS Seoul. VFS Seoul forwarded it to the Manila Visa Processing office on 16th May. Till now the status says being reviewed in the Manila office. I desperately need my passport since I need to travel so freaking out. Hopefully, if it comes this week (this is the 4th week) then all is good!

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
^ Let's hope for the best po!

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Andre_Smol said:
Congratulations to PPR!

Besides some catastrophic changes, that basically gives you more or less 100% chance of approval.

Just need to get COPR and do your landing and you are all set.

All the best for your time in canada :)
Hey Andre! So, asking for a VO change wouldn't come under the "catastrophic change" category, right? So close and yet, since I am human, I cannot but feel worried till I have my COPR in hand :) Cheers!

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Congrats and all the best :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
artray said:
Hey Andre! So, asking for a VO change wouldn't come under the "catastrophic change" category, right?
LOL, hardly catastrophic.

So close and yet, since I am human, I cannot but feel worried till I have my COPR in hand :) Cheers!
I feel exactly the same.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think getting a COPR should not be an issue after PPR request as many of us here feel due to the VO change issue.

Any issues I foresee here is during landing stage when you are required to produce any document which you may or may not be carrying with you.

So just relax we have won the battle here and its only the final official document we are waiting on. Have few beers and celebrate guys... ;D ;D

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
artray said:
Hey Andre! So, asking for a VO change wouldn't come under the "catastrophic change" category, right? So close and yet, since I am human, I cannot but feel worried till I have my COPR in hand :) Cheers!
No worries there. VO change might be a minor delay but nothing to worry about there.

As long as you were honest in your application and you dont commit any crimes until your landing, you should be fine. ;)

Wish you all the best and hope you dont have to wait too long for COPR!

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
artray said:
Hifi guys! I got PPR on 31st May and NDVO is my visa office. However I have requested the visa stamping to be in Singapore as i cant travel to India right now. Really worried whether asking for VO change at this stage will be a problem!! First of all, will it be approved before the deadline for passport submission?? Please share your experiences and what steps you took for VO change (CSE or email to embassy or any other method?) Many thanks!!

NeelaR

Star Member
May 22, 2015
GG_23 said:
Hello zen2x

Thank you for the reply. I live in Seoul, South Korea and was asked to submit the passport in VFS Seoul. VFS Seoul forwarded it to the Manila Visa Processing office on 16th May. Till now the status says being reviewed in the Manila office. I desperately need my passport since I need to travel so freaking out. Hopefully, if it comes this week (this is the 4th week) then all is good!
Hi,
This seems interesting! I requested VFS Singapore to forward my passports to NDVO but they refused as the PPR letter doesn't specify VFS Singapore (It specifies only VFS India) . Did your letter say that you should submit through VFS Seoul and they will forward it to Manila VO? Please help as I'm in a similar situation. Thanks so much!!

zen2x

Aug 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
^ probably they will do the same in your case. Submit it first to VFS India and they will forward it to VFS Singapore. You can actually consult their website and chat with a representative for further clarification.