03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Tarundhingraa said:
Aragorn165 Thanks buddy

Well Case is big

My Wife is on work permit and is in Canada for 4 years. She applied for PR in the month of August 2014 and she got the file number on Oct 22nd, 2014 and medicals were submitted in the month of May 2015
We got married in September 2015 and her status got changed from single to married in her file and we applied for addition of spouse on Oct 16th Oct 2015

Medical came on 10th which was done on 13th feb only and RPRF came on 5th march 2016 and paid 490

THIS IS THE EXACT CASE
I'd say that is a pretty good sign, then, yeah. Good luck for the final few stages of the application, and for your life in Canada!

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Aragorn165 said:
I'd say that is a pretty good sign, then, yeah. Good luck for the final few stages of the application, and for your life in Canada!
Thanks and hope same for you and hope to see you soon if you there ....

how much time it takes otherwise? any rough idea? i am new to this so have no ides

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
I went ahead and made the RPRF payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur

Tarundhingraa said:
Hi All

Been a week. Paid RPRF on 5th but got reflected in my Visa statement on 7th. No reply yet....:(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wifiwifey said:
I went ahead and made the RPRF payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur
This is the usual procedure. Happens most of the time involving sizable transactions. My bank would mention this "hold amount" as "Outstanding Authorization Amount". This amount will be credited into the beneficiary's account after a few days. Don't worry about it - Good luck and all the very best!

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Are you sure about this? I used a debit card not a credit card that is my concern. My card is a VISA Electron card and I read on the CIC website that CIC doesn't accept debit cards. It only accepts debit cards from Canadian banks.

rajkamalmohanram said:
This is the usual procedure. Happens most of the time involving sizable transactions. My bank would mention this "hold amount" as "Outstanding Authorization Amount". This amount will be credited into the beneficiary's account after a few days. Don't worry about it - Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
wifiwifey said:
Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Are you sure about this? I used a debit card not a credit card that is my concern. My card is a VISA Electron card and I read on the CIC website that CIC doesn't accept debit cards. It only accepts debit cards from Canadian banks.
Oh okay, I was talking about credit cards. Well, CIC does accept certain debit cards. For instance, there are confirmed reports of people having made payments with a "ICICI bank Coral Debit card". You just need to call up your bank and check if international transactions are enabled in your DC.

Having said that, in your case, since the money is debited from your account, I believe you are good to go. Call up your bank and ask them when (tentatively) the funds will be credited to CIC.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
I called my bank and they informed that my debit card is enabled for international transactions. They said that there is no hold from their end, they are just waiting for the merchant to claim the fund and as per the VISA global policy merchants have 14 days to claim the funds otherwise it will be credited back to the account.

rajkamalmohanram said:
Oh okay, I was talking about credit cards. Well, CIC does accept certain debit cards. For instance, there are confirmed reports of people having made payments with a "ICICI bank Coral Debit card". You just need to call up your bank and check if international transactions are enabled in your DC.

Having said that, in your case, since the money is debited from your account, I believe you are good to go. Call up your bank and ask them when (tentatively) the funds will be credited to CIC.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
wifiwifey said:
I called my bank and they informed that my debit card is enabled for international transactions. They said that there is no hold from their end, they are just waiting for the merchant to claim the fund and as per the VISA global policy merchants have 14 days to claim the funds otherwise it will be credited back to the account.
Usual procedure.Takes 2 days to complete the transaction in CC and DC both

kmacja

Jan 23, 2016
Hey guys....I got medical request February 15,2016,same done and medical received March 8,2016.I paid RPRF March 25,2016,same charged March 29,2016.How much longer will I have to wait for PPR?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kmacja said:
Hey guys....I got medical request February 15,2016,same done and medical received March 8,2016.I paid RPRF March 25,2016,same charged March 29,2016.How much longer will I have to wait for PPR?
Wait, you got a medical request? Are you a 2014 applicant?

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
How many days after AOR will they ask for RPRF fees . Mine AOR is around 1.5 month back but still they have not asked from me . I am getting little bit negative :( :(

kmacja

Jan 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Wait, you got a medical request? Are you a 2014 applicant?
I applied via Quebec Skill Worker Program December 2012, got CSQ July 2015, federal application filed August 2015.AOR for federal application,November 18,2015.

kmacja

Jan 23, 2016
singh_maninder said:
How many days after AOR will they ask for RPRF fees . Mine AOR is around 1.5 month back but still they have not asked from me . I am getting little bit negative :( :(
Based on what I understand ,you can pay RPRF at anytime.I waited until I received my second AOR and file was transferred to selected VO.I did not get a RPRF request.I was instructed by my lawyer to do payment and same was charged after five days.She also emailed the VO a copy of payment receipt.