+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPF or PF considered in PROOF OF FUNDS ??

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
jtoc said:
PF amount can be be wholly withdrawn incase the holder is proceeding abroad for immigration/permanent residency. It is given on page number 75 of the 'rules and regulations' of PF. Pl check the website www.epfindia.com for this doc.

However, I have a different situation in this regard. My PF is maintained by my company in form of a trust, therefore I cannot get the certificate from EPF office, India. Now, I can see this fund through my company's portal and take a print out of the same. My question is - Would this suffice as a proof??
Any information on this one.. Anyone??

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Any information on this one.. Anyone??
same as mine. when i went to the bank, they told me to ask for a certificate from my company. Indeed, thenhr personnel in charge of our PF, gave me a certificate.

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
has anyone have an experience with company PFs? that are already in Canada? meaning, it was accepted, because 1/3 of my Proof of fund will be from my company PF.

link2gurdeep

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
has anyone have an experience with company PFs? that are already in Canada? meaning, it was accepted, because 1/3 of my Proof of fund will be from my company PF.
Hi, My company maintains PF with a trust, which in-turn provides access to online portal to download PF statement. I extracted those statement and submitted along with my bank account statement. It worked for me though.

If your PF account is with EPFO or any government organization, I would suggest to get the PF statement stamped. If your account is with EPFO, I would suggest you to look in this forum you will get process of getting the statement signed and stamped from EPFO office.

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Hi, My company maintains PF with a trust, which in-turn provides access to online portal to download PF statement. I extracted those statement and submitted along with my bank account statement. It worked for me though.

If your PF account is with EPFO or any government organization, I would suggest to get the PF statement stamped. If your account is with EPFO, I would suggest you to look in this forum you will get process of getting the statement signed and stamped from EPFO office.
thank you sir. I will try this also.

2017applicant

Star Member
May 22, 2017
i understand that in the PPF account you can withdraw some amount based on the number of years.....

You can get something known as withdrawal certificate from the bank where you have PPF account, that will give you the amount that you can withdraw (liquid).

I am not sure about the PF account...since this is something which you can get after retiring from service....although a lot of people withdraw it while changing jobs, that is not the correct practice....

Regards.
Is PPF considered? My PPF is maturing in Feb 2018. I got a bank certificate with ending balance. I do not have any withdrawal certificate as no such is provided by my bank. I am showing PPF along with bank accounts. PPF constitutes 30% of the total funds which I am showing.

Please advise.

aJaypratap

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
I have downloaded my EPF online statement from government site and got it Notarized as well. Uploaded the same for POF docs while applying for SINP intake.
My query is :- will that suffice or letter from EPF office is also mandate.
As i'm worried , if during my profile process will that create any issue.?
And i'm also planning to get that letter and send to documents email-team to SINP but that will take some time to be sent.
Members please suggest.

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
Hi...
Currently I have more than required funds in my PF account but not in my bank account.
Is it possible for me to show it as POF once I get an ITA without having those funds liquidated in my account at that time? (As we cannot withdraw before we quit jobs)

I literally do not have any other savings other than my PF account balance.

Will the PR be issued first and later we liquidate the PF balance into our account before we migrate?

In addition, I have 2 home loans. Will this be a blocking point for PR?

Kindly advice.

Uma Mani

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks Ankush! The PPF thing that you told me, it helps a lot! :)

I checked for PF, and it looks like we can take PF certificate too to show that the amount is withdraw-able after one quits his or her job.
Did you get a PF certificate? If so how did you manage? I wanted to know the process.

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Did you get a PF certificate? If so how did you manage? I wanted to know the process.
Sorry for late reply! I got PPF certificate from the Bank which held my account but not the PF. You just walk in the Bank and ask them for a letter stating your PPF details and that you are eligible to withdraw a certain amount at any given time.

Hope this answers your query.

muthupiping

Jan 31, 2018
Hi...
Currently I have more than required funds in my PF account but not in my bank account.
Is it possible for me to show it as POF once I get an ITA without having those funds liquidated in my account at that time? (As we cannot withdraw before we quit jobs)

I literally do not have any other savings other than my PF account balance.

Will the PR be issued first and later we liquidate the PF balance into our account before we migrate?

In addition, I have 2 home loans. Will this be a blocking point for PR?

Kindly advice.
Have you got your answer for this?

Friends, please help me on this.

I have taken the PF statement already and this is my critical POF as I have 7lakh INR/14000 CAD of required 20000CAD here.

Does anyone on forum have experience of showing PF balance as major POF? Was it accepted by VO.
Epf rules clearly say "
(c) immediately before migration from India for permanent settlement
abroad [or for taking employment abroad];" PF can be withdrawn. Still I want to be sure before I proceed..

prayoga_17

Dec 9, 2017
Hello friends ,
I have done with my WES evaluation and have IELTS results. I am about to create my express entry profile.
The required proof of fund is only in the form of EPF balance.
I have more than required amount in my PF balance to show as POF
Can I mention this amount while creating the express entry profile? If yes, Is it enough if I mention only the required amount as per IRCC requirement?

Anybody with similar experience, kindly reply.

D G

Sep 16, 2018
Hi.. I am from India... are mutual funds accepted as proof of funds? if yes, then a consolidated mutual fund statement can be submitted as PoF or we need to get any letter signed from any office? Would really appreciate if anyone can help me out on this.... TIA.

Last edited:

D G

Sep 16, 2018

How did you get statement from the trust? my ex employers PF was with trust. Could you please help me out if you have any information for my query. TIA

Reactions: matchbox22