+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Potentially Sponsor Parents in Quebec

meghanacanada

Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have a Canadian PR and will potentially move to Quebec. After the next three years, when I sponsor my parents for PR, do I have to show any kind of French language test scores for me / or my parents? - I did not find any such requirement on the website but would rather like to get a confirmation from someone who has applied for parents' sponsorship lately.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I have a Canadian PR and will potentially move to Quebec. After the next three years, when I sponsor my parents for PR, do I have to show any kind of French language test scores for me / or my parents? - I did not find any such requirement on the website but would rather like to get a confirmation from someone who has applied for parents' sponsorship lately.
No - you don't have to show any sort of French language scores (neither do your parents).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

There are no guarantees that the programs will not change so look at the programs each year. Sponsoring parents is also never guaranteed.