+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Potential Job

Riggers

Dec 15, 2023
Hello,

im a uk national who is looking to move out to Canada with my family. I have been invited to an interview for a job I applied for in the coming days. Exciting times!

as my job role isn’t classed as an ‘in demand’ occupation, will I still be able to apply for PR whilst over in Canada and working? (Supposing the interview goes well!).
The employer has an approved LMIA.

we have been reading up on immigration and trying lots of the available avenues to gain it for nearly two years, but now i

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

im a uk national who is looking to move out to Canada with my family. I have been invited to an interview for a job I applied for in the coming days. Exciting times!

as my job role isn’t classed as an ‘in demand’ occupation, will I still be able to apply for PR whilst over in Canada and working? (Supposing the interview goes well!).
The employer has an approved LMIA.

we have been reading up on immigration and trying lots of the available avenues to gain it for nearly two years, but now i
This isn't enough information for anyone to comment.

It will depend on a number of factors such as how many points you have under EE, the occupation, which province you'll be working in, etc. Your age unfortunately works against you. But that doesn't mean it won't be possible.

Riggers

Dec 15, 2023
Sorry, the message cut off.

we have about 470 EE points so hopefully the potential job could take us closer to where we need to be.
The occupation is in telecoms (NOC 7246). Job vacancy is in Alberta and me and my wife are both 36 with 2 kids.

I know there’s lots of factors involved but was just wondering if someone was in the same boat and had any advice.
Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry, the message cut off.

we have about 470 EE points so hopefully the potential job could take us closer to where we need to be.
The occupation is in telecoms (NOC 7246). Job vacancy is in Alberta and me and my wife are both 36 with 2 kids.

I know there’s lots of factors involved but was just wondering if someone was in the same boat and had any advice.
Cheers
That's promising. The absolute best thing you can do if getting PR is a priority for you is learn French and take the French language test to score more points (assuming you don't know French already). Recently scores have been coming in well over 500 for the general draws and many people are pulling out all stops to boost their scores. Learning French is the way to go if you are truly really serious about this.

Reactions: Simba112

Riggers

Dec 15, 2023
so in preparation I started learning French through the Duolingo app 298 days ago, doing a couple of lessons a day on average. I feel I’ve picked it up quite well, but not sure if learning through an app that way will help with the French IELTS. Guess time will tell.

thank you for the replies. Appreciate it.

Reactions: scylla

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
so in preparation I started learning French through the Duolingo app 298 days ago, doing a couple of lessons a day on average. I feel I’ve picked it up quite well, but not sure if learning through an app that way will help with the French IELTS. Guess time will tell.

thank you for the replies. Appreciate it.
The French-speaking lawyers from my wok do not recommend Duolingo if you want to learn French. If you are serious in learning French, check out Alliance Francaise:

https://www.alliance-francaise.ca/en/

A bit expensive, though, compared to the free Duolingo courses.