+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponing Landing Due to Frequent Canada-US Travel?

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
Hi guys,

So I just got my COPR and I am already in Canada on a work permit. I have an upcoming US trip next month for work and was thinking about using the return trip to do my landing at the airport. However, I will have another US trip in May and I am afraid given the current processing time for a new PR card (105 days) I will likely not get my card until June or July. I won't be able make the 2nd trip if this is the case.

So then I was thinking of postponing my landing to the 2nd trip, and I am wondering if this is allowed. I have two TRVs on my passport, the one I got for my work permit (worker class) that is valid for over a year, and the new one I just got after PPR (immigrant class) that is valid until July. Technically I should still be able to travel on the worker TRV, so I will use this on the March US trip to return to Canada. Then do my landing on the return of my May trip.

Does anybody have any experience with this and can advice me if my plan is doable? Am I obligated to formally land on the next entry to Canada once I receive my COPR or can I wait until I am ready? I am travelling between really far cities so it would be very inconvenient to cross the border by car to avoid the PR card requirement for travelling. Also, postponing the landing for me would be much more convenient than applying for a PR travel document or asking for expedited processing of the PR card.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can certainly postpone landing. Just make sure you land before the expiry date on your COPR.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
You can take a road trip if you don't have PR card.