+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

postponed hearing

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I have been here since November 2017 and my hearing postponed twice. I have a letter from my doctor requesting for hearing to be scheduled due to my mental case issue. What do you think about this....

I am Sudanese refugees in Egypt I try allot to find a chance
I am just like human been need opportunities to live like either people live

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been here since November 2017 and my hearing postponed twice. I have a letter from my doctor requesting for hearing to be scheduled due to my mental case issue. What do you think about this....
Hearings being postponed is normal right now due to the influx of refugees. I don't think a letter from your doctor will expedite anything - IRCC will most likely ignore it. Pretty much all refugees have desperate circumstances and want their hearings as soon as possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am Sudanese refugees in Egypt I try allot to find a chance
I am just like human been need opportunities to live like either people live
I would recommend you look into Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry. I don't think any refugee program is an option for you since you are already living in Egypt as a refugee.

Mi90s

Jan 23, 2020
I would recommend you look into Canada's economic immigration programs like Express Entry. I don't think any refugee program is an option for you since you are already living in Egypt as a refugee.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to meet all the criteria set for economic program nor every refugee is highly skilled.
Some of you should understand that fact before commenting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not everyone is fortunate enough to meet all the criteria set for economic program nor every refugee is highly skilled.
Some of you should understand that fact before commenting.
I understand the facts. They are brutal for people in these situations. However I think it's important to be honest / realistic in the advice given regarding getting to Canada. False hope helps no one.

Here is the reality for the poster who asked this question: A TRV is not going to be approved given they are living in Egypt with refugee status. This means that claiming refugee status through coming to Canada is out of the question. A work permit or study permit would also be refused for the same reason (poster's status in their country of current residence).

Assuming the poster has been recognized by UNHCR as a refugee, the chances of this resulting in resettlement in Canada are extremely extremely low - effectively nil. Most likely, the poster will be resettled where they are now - in Egypt. Where they are resettled is not up to them - it is up to UNHCR. Private sponsorship through a sponsorship agreement holder is realistically out as well. We know very well from this forum that these organizations are tapped out (and have been for some time since the original Syrian refugee surge) and not accepting further sponsorships.

This means the most feasible option for getting to Canada is economic immigration. This is the unfortunate reality.

If you have suggestions that I have missed - please to volunteer them. This poster obviously needs all of the help they can get.