Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Jomar 13

just checked e-cas status changed to in process as of Nov 11 one step closer!

JamesM

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Got an email from CIC asking for a copy of our marriage certificate. I can only presume the one we sent was misplaced.

I don't understand how these things can get lost. We never lose documents at work, yet I keep hearing stories of CIC losing documents that seem to be significantly more important then delivery receipts, order list, etc. *End rant*

It said "Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence". I was really hoping to ride that London gravy train and get PPR before Christmas.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
badhet said:
hi guys,

just receive my today AOR and they're asking for my passport.. yipppeyyy
Nice! Congrats! :)
JamesM said:
Got an email from CIC asking for a copy of our marriage certificate. I can only presume the one we sent was misplaced.

I don't understand how these things can get lost. We never lose documents at work, yet I keep hearing stories of CIC losing documents that seem to be significantly more important then delivery receipts, order list, etc. *End rant*

It said "Please allow 3-4 months for us to review incoming correspondence". I was really hoping to ride that London gravy train and get PPR before Christmas.
duuuude...so they screw up and you have to wait 3-4 months because of it? Not cool... :(

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
JamesM said:

that's actually frequent thing with cic. they did the dame with our case too. we sent them email pointing that document they requested has already been submitted, and they found it an never asked again.
maybe in your case it will be faster to submit it as a case specific enquiry?

JamesM

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Swede, yeah, by the sounds of it, it's an extra 3-4 months. But I have a suspicion that it's a generic email and if London has been going through applications as quickly as they have, it may not take that long.

Suin, would you mind explaining to me what happened in your situation. I would be tempted to try and get in touch with the London office and see if they've just overlooked it.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
we don't go through London, but our visa office overlooked the main document about kids custody and asked for it again.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
JamesM said:
Swede, yeah, by the sounds of it, it's an extra 3-4 months. But I have a suspicion that it's a generic email and if London has been going through applications as quickly as they have, it may not take that long.
You're right. It makes sense that they would tell people 3-4 months even if it just takes 1 week just to avoid nagging.

AlCan

Jul 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application to sponsor ############ on September 23, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 14, 2009.

We sent you a letter on October 14, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

This is the notification I received. But they have yet to contact me in any other way. No letter has arrived. As for the status of my husbands application it just says.."not available". Is this a good thing or bad? How long does the letter usually take to arrive? I did receive a phone call from the canadian immagration office October 14 and the caller told me the letter is coming about the decision made, in two weeks.It is now been over 5 weeks. Does it usually take this long?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
AlCan said:

We sent you a letter on October 14, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

This is the notification I received. But they have yet to contact me in any other way. No letter has arrived. As for the status of my husbands application it just says.."not available". Is this a good thing or bad? How long does the letter usually take to arrive? I did receive a phone call from the canadian immagration office October 14 and the caller told me the letter is coming about the decision made, in two weeks.It is now been over 5 weeks. Does it usually take this long?
are you located in Canada? it usually takes up to a week for letter to arrive. it looks like they put a wrong address. try to contact them by phone, explain your situation and ask for your file number. they sure will help you with that.

kkrdrive

Nov 14, 2009
can someone who received the PPR from New Delhi help me on this please?

I received the letter from New Delhi asking for passport. The letter did not specified the words such a PPR or Passport Request.

It stated that "for further processing of your application we need the following documents from your side........1. Passport (send the passport only after medicals have been completed)"

Is this letter that I received called PPR or this is a different letter?

jomar13

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkrdrive said:
can someone who received the PPR from New Delhi help me on this please?

I received the letter from New Delhi asking for passport. The letter did not specified the words such a PPR or Passport Request.

It stated that "for further processing of your application we need the following documents from your side........1. Passport (send the passport only after medicals have been completed)"

Is this letter that I received called PPR or this is a different letter?

hi kkrdrive,

absolutely that is a PPR=passport request non other than. Just go to Canadian embassy office in your country(new delhi,india). You have 2 options to send it out. 1. sending it by email. 2. go to cic-new delhi to drop it off your passport there.

namrata

Nov 15, 2009
hi kkrdrive..

as far as i know the ONLY way to send a passport to new delhi is via a secure courier service.. they should say on the letter specifically that they will not accept a hand delivered passport. The best way to send it is via blue dart or DHL, without the postcode, so that you can track the delivery of ur package online.

the address where you have to send it is at the bottom of the letter.

Hope this helps..

kkrdrive

Nov 14, 2009
Hi namrata jomar13

I sent that on nov 12th itself and on the day the letter was received by my wife, I knew it is PPR but after I got the scanned copy from my wife and reading it I was unsure if it is actually the PPR letter as the subject of the letter did not stated the words passport port request.

timelines of application processing for my wife who is in India

Application sent to CIC Mississauga - Sep 8th 2009
Application received - Sep 9 2009
Sponsorship Approved - Oct 1st 2009 and application forwarded to New Delhi
Processing started in New Delhi - Oct 12th 2009
PPR received via post - Nov 12th 2009
Passport sent to New Delhi via SPEEDPOST - Nov 12th 2009

AlCan

Jul 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
AlCan said:

are you located in Canada? it usually takes up to a week for letter to arrive. it looks like they put a wrong address. try to contact them by phone, explain your situation and ask for your file number. they sure will help you with that.
We live in Greece..What We can do ? Send an email? or phone?....We cannot find a number to phone to outside of canada.