+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postgraduate diploma (one year) in WES

shyamsre

Sep 19, 2017
Hi Friends,

I have done my ECA through WES for my bachelors degree and masters degree - and the report reads as--
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

In express entry profile I have entered my bachelors degree details by selcting Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute. But there is no option to enter Postgraduate diploma (one year). It does not even have two or more certificates, diplomas or degree .

Please help me on which one to select from the drop down for Postgraduate diploma (one year)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Friends,

I have done my ECA through WES for my bachelors degree and masters degree - and the report reads as--

In express entry profile I have entered my bachelors degree details by selcting Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute. But there is no option to enter Postgraduate diploma (one year). It does not even have two or more certificates, diplomas or degree .

Please help me on which one to select from the drop down for Postgraduate diploma (one year)
Choose this option:
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

shyamsre

Sep 19, 2017
Thank you :) In that case How many points i vl b getting for my education . for my bachelors degree i will be getting 112 points with spouse.

Do i get any additional points If I add my PG diploma in One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute?
Or maximum i can get for my education is 112 ?

manasabhat

May 30, 2018
Thank you :) In that case How many points i vl b getting for my education . for my bachelors degree i will be getting 112 points with spouse.

Do i get any additional points If I add my PG diploma in One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute?
Please suggest if the option chosen was correct? I am in the same situtation. Kindly advise.

jeethus

Jun 14, 2018

Hi. Can you give us an update? I got the same WES equivalency as you. I'm worried about getting enough points.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hey. Thanks a lot for the prompt response. I went through the whole thread and need a reaffirmation.

Below is my evaluation:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Pharmacy
Year: 2010
Awarded By: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
Major/Specialization: Pharmaceutical Sciences

Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma in Management
Year: 2012
Awarded By: T.A. Pai Management Institute
Major/Specialization: Healthcare Management

WES didn't give my PGDM institute a 'recognized' status. I saw that on the other thread, you had asked a member to go ahead in spite of not having the 'recognized' status as the institute is well known. Mine is a reputed institute too. Do you suggest I go ahead with the EE application as well? Any thoughts?

Thanks again.
Honestly speaking I have seen this kind of report for the first time where they did not mention anything about the Status of the organization. I would recommend you to check with WES. Send a query through their web platform, usually they response within 14 days. If I was you I would have checked with WES first but again according to IRCC instructions only "Non-recognized" institute is not valid. As the did not say anything negative it should be positive. But still it is your life, you should take decision independently. Good Luck!

"Your report must show that your foreign credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential. If it does, you must include the result and reference number in your Express Entry profile.

If your report shows that your credential isn’t equal to a completed Canadian credential or the foreign educational institution is not recognized:

• you won’t meet the education requirement under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • you won’t get any points for it"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

jeethus

Jun 14, 2018
Honestly speaking I have seen this kind of report for the first time where they did not mention anything about the Status of the organization. I would recommend you to check with WES. Send a query through their web platform, usually they response within 14 days. If I was you I would have checked with WES first but again according to IRCC instructions only "Non-recognized" institute is not valid. As the did not say anything negative it should be positive. But still it is your life, you should take decision independently. Good Luck!

"Your report must show that your foreign credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian secondary school (high school) or post-secondary credential. If it does, you must include the result and reference number in your Express Entry profile.

If your report shows that your credential isn’t equal to a completed Canadian credential or the foreign educational institution is not recognized:

• you won’t meet the education requirement under the Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • you won’t get any points for it"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
Thank you. I've written to WES twice and have called them several times. Its been more than 2 weeks but didn't get any positive response. I'll contact them again today.

jeethus

Jun 14, 2018
The Director of Evaluations at WES wrote to me and said that my evaluation is correct and that they wouldn't change it. She/He mentioned that as per a policy change, they only award 'Masters' to 3 year MBA programs in India and only recognize a few institutes like 'IIMs and IITs'. As WES doesn't allow a reply, I couldn't respond to the mail saying that a junior of mine got his evaluation a couple of days later for the same PGDM and the WES equivalency was '4 year bachelors from a recognized institute'. Talk about not having a clue.
Anyways, I went ahead with submitting my EE profile and got 128 points (2 or more degrees).
Posting here so someone might find it useful.
I wasted a lot of time hoping WES would deliver (Sent my docs on 5/1). Please don't make the same mistake.
Thanks again ISHQ74.

Reactions: ishq74

Malik963

Jul 17, 2018
The Director of Evaluations at WES wrote to me and said that my evaluation is correct and that they wouldn't change it. She/He mentioned that as per a policy change, they only award 'Masters' to 3 year MBA programs in India and only recognize a few institutes like 'IIMs and IITs'. As WES doesn't allow a reply, I couldn't respond to the mail saying that a junior of mine got his evaluation a couple of days later for the same PGDM and the WES equivalency was '4 year bachelors from a recognized institute'. Talk about not having a clue.
Anyways, I went ahead with submitting my EE profile and got 128 points (2 or more degrees).
Posting here so someone might find it useful.
I wasted a lot of time hoping WES would deliver (Sent my docs on 5/1). Please don't make the same mistake.
Thanks again ISHQ74.
Hi, i am trying to enroll my self in one year online PG diploma to boost up my ECA, would you please tell me from which institute you got yours

Gaurav Mehta

May 27, 2016
Hello Guys , I have a bachelors of technology degree (Full time 4 year course) and now, to boost my crs I am planning to go for a 1 year distance Post graduate diploma in computer application (approved by UGC). My question is has anyone got a successful evaluation done for a 1 year diploma. Will they consider mine as 2 or more degree with one being more more then 3 years. Please guide. Thanks in advance.