Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi Folks,

A quick verification from expert is appreciated for my doubt. As per my CRS prediction, I got 429 as shown below. I created and submitted my EE profile and within a day, I received a message from CIC stating that “You do not meet the minimum entry criteria”, and message further indicated that ‘We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool.’ I have taken IELTS with scores of L 6.5, W 7, S 7.5 and R 8. I have got my ECA as well. I choose my NOC code as 2121, since 4011 was not appropriate as you all mentioned (just completed my 3 years of experience as a Postdoc)

I could not imagine any possible fault in my profile building process. Please help me.

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017
I have an ITA finally and qualify under CEC.

I did a postdoc for 6 months last year (I was supervised by a professor from Queen's university but did my research at a company). I have listed this position on my work experience.

NOC 4011 seems inappropriate as I did not teach or supervise any students. Could I use another NOC code, although my offer letter mentions that I was a postdoctoral fellow?

Not all postdocs in Canada get teaching opportunities. Was anyone successful on using NOC 4011? If you could share your experience, it would be really helpful.

Thank you,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Could you please clarify a bit which NOC did you apply? and have you already got your PR?

I believe most of the PDFs matching NOC2121 with the same situation are still confused, and I am one of them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jables

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017

This makes me worried. My employer is a university but my job duties match 2121 and not 4011. Any thoughts on what I should be using?
Hi Janaki,

Could you please clarify a bit which NOC did you apply? and have you already got your PR?

I believe most of the PDFs matching NOC2121 with the same situation are still confused, and I am one of them...

Jables

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Hi Janaki,

I believe most of the PDFs matching NOC2121 with the same situation are still confused, and I am one of them...

Jables
FYI: I am an inland applicant with PN approval. I created EE profile with NOC 2121, as this matched completely with my experience and past career. But PNP officer strongly recommended me to use 4011, as the PN certificate would only nominate PDFs under this NOC.

This does not mean that you should use 4011. I have heard successful story of people who used 2121.

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017
FYI: I am an inland applicant with PN approval. I created EE profile with NOC 2121, as this matched completely with my experience and past career. But PNP officer strongly recommended me to use 4011, as the PN certificate would only nominate PDFs under this NOC.

This does not mean that you should use 4011. I have heard successful story of people who used 2121.
Hi Janaki,

Thanks for the prompt updates, I believe your information will help a lot of PDFs like me.

Do you have any suggestions to avoid the mismatch of the main duties on the reference letter based on the NOC4011?

Or have you got your PR?

Thanks in advance and good luck to your application!

Jables

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017
Hi Folks,

A quick verification from expert is appreciated for my doubt. As per my CRS prediction, I got 429 as shown below. I created and submitted my EE profile and within a day, I received a message from CIC stating that “You do not meet the minimum entry criteria”, and message further indicated that ‘We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool.’ I have taken IELTS with scores of L 6.5, W 7, S 7.5 and R 8. I have got my ECA as well. I choose my NOC code as 2121, since 4011 was not appropriate as you all mentioned (just completed my 3 years of experience as a Postdoc)

I could not imagine any possible fault in my profile building process. Please help me.

Have you figured it out what was wrong?

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017
Hi....

I am in the similar situation...About to create my EE profile....I have a Ph.D. in chemistry, after which I worked as a Research Associate in a CSIR project (1 year and 8 months) followed by a three-year postdoc...What would u suggest me to use as my NOC...2112 (chemist) or 4012 or 4011...Realy getting confused...

Thanks
Dr. Amit

Hi Amit,

Could you please clarify a bit which NOC did you apply?

Which NOC did you use for your application and have you already got your PR?

Jables

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Have you figured it out what was wrong?
I could not figure it out. But, what I did simply was recreated the profile and resubmitted. It was alright.
Under what category are you trying?

xtjables

Nov 30, 2017
I could not figure it out. But, what I did simply was recreated the profile and resubmitted. It was alright.
I will apply to the EE under CEC category, and based on the responses from my friends, NOC2121 would be more appropriate. Good luck!

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
I will apply to the EE under CEC category, and based on the responses from my friends, NOC2121 would be more appropriate. Good luck!
Great. Good luck to you.

MuggleOnline

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi!
For those of you that have already applied - were you successful with the NOC 4011? I have applied using this code but am now doubting that I should have gone with 2121. The letter from my employed did specify that I am involved in mentoring students - I am suddenly very worried about my application being rejected!

IndoKori

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Hi rd160309, I see that you are using 4011, I assume you are a postdoc too. What faculty are you in? I have seen several posts on this forum that say that your reference letter should match the job duties mentioned under that NOC and the titles don't really matter. I'm a postdoc too, in Biological Sciences, and my job duties match the job duties given under 2121 (which is for biologists and scientists). I've created my profile with 2121, and will be getting a letter from my supervisor that can match the duties under 2121. My employment letter and my work permit state that I am a postdoc though. Will this create a conflict?
Hi Janaki:
So what NOC did you use in the end? Are you PR already? And if yes, can you provide me format of reference/experience letter you used? Thanks.

IndoKori

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
So which NOC did you use in the end?
I am applying under CEC..

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings Everyone,

Thank you all for all your interesting inputs. It will be interesting to know if anyone here was able to get their PR through the CEC and using the NOC that best describes their work experience rather than the 4011 NOC. Based on this link I think its best to use the NOC that best describes one's job description.

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVDStruct&TVD=122372&CVD=122373&CPV=2&CST=01012011&CLV=1&MLV=4

Now I am still a bit far from where you guys are. I am about to round-up my PhD out side of Canada, but while in Europe last year for a conference to present some of my work, I met a Canadian Prof who is willing to work with me should I be interested (you bet I am more than interested). Now here are my questions.

1. Should I accept such an offer, how many years of working as a post-doc with his lab would qualify me for the CEC?

2. How does the salary of post-docs compare to cost of living in Canada?

Your kind assistance would be most appreciated.

Kind regards.

Omofar