+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

postdoc working permit application status

casliupeng

Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I submitted my application for working permit (postdoc, LMIA exempt) together with my wife application (she applies for a visitor visa and TVA) on Sep 22, however, my wife's application type is also Primary after I submit the application, is it normal? And on Sep 24 my wife's application status is updated and her application obtain an UCI number while for my application there is no UCI yet. Will my wife's application got approved earlier than me? Do I need to contact the IRCC to illustrate this situation?

casliupeng

Sep 15, 2017
Hello, any updates on your application? have you gotten your UCI number now?
Hi, our application has been approved on Oct. 10,
below are our timeline:
Sep. 16, created an online account.
Sep. 22, submitted the application and pay the visa application fees.
Sep. 24, obtain update for the UCI number for my wife.
Sep. 25, obtain update for the UCI number for myself.
Sep. 26, status update, they require us provide the police certificate for all the places that live more than 12 months.
Oct. 6, we submit the receipts for police cerficate from 4 countries.
Oct. 10, we received a message told us that our application has been approved as well as the original passport request.
Now we only need to send the passport to the visa application center.

By the way, it seems that the two week processing indeed work. However, we also do not know whether there is a special way to let them handle two week processing. We ask them to give us the two week processing in the explanation letter when submit application, as well as the url where they illustrate two week processing. And since we apply the visa in the US and our US visa will expires at Oct. 31. We also write this information in the explanation letter.

Reactions: Xtreme Innovations

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Yes two weeks processing does work..once you fall under the category.. once you fill the come to Canada tool it appears the systems already identifies that and you do not need to tell them it is two weeks...because postdoc falls under International mobility Program and the IMP is also part of the global skills strategy with two weeks processing

casliupeng

Sep 15, 2017
Yes two weeks processing does work..once you fall under the category.. once you fill the come to Canada tool it appears the systems already identifies that and you do not need to tell them it is two weeks...because postdoc falls under International mobility Program and the IMP is also part of the global skills strategy with two weeks processing
Thanks for the detailed illustration!