+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post visa Enquiry

Dtunbi

Jul 29, 2020
Hi
I got my study visa some months ago in a country that doesn't need a medical test for a study permit. Now, I will be traveling to Canada from a country (home country) that a medical test is a requirement to get a study visa. My question is

1. Will I have to do a medical test for getting the study permit at the Canadian border?

2. If a medical test is necessary for me, do I have to update my home country embassy with a medical test before traveling to Canada?. And how will that affect the already gotten stamped visa?

Thanks for your insights.

asadsaifi

Dec 29, 2020
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2020
Hi,

1. Yes, Government of Canada now needs a negative COVID report before boarding your airlines starting on January 7, 2021.

2. I don't know about that but most probably yes.

Reactions: Dtunbi

Dtunbi

Jul 29, 2020
Thanks. Covid test is a new requirement. By medical test, I mean the usual medication examination for visa processing.

More insights are welcome and appreciated.

Hi,

1. Yes, Government of Canada now needs a negative COVID report before boarding your airlines starting on January 7, 2021.

2. I don't know about that but most probably yes.

Dtunbi

Jul 29, 2020
This clear my doubt

If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or traveled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada
My stay would not be up to 6 months so, a medical exam is not required. Thanks

Reactions: Helican

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi
I got my study visa some months ago in a country that doesn't need a medical test for a study permit. Now, I will be traveling to Canada from a country (home country) that a medical test is a requirement to get a study visa. My question is

1. Will I have to do a medical test for getting the study permit at the Canadian border?

2. If a medical test is necessary for me, do I have to update my home country embassy with a medical test before traveling to Canada?. And how will that affect the already gotten stamped visa?

Thanks for your insights.
This clear my doubt

If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or traveled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada
My stay would not be up to 6 months so, a medical exam is not required. Thanks
you don't need the visa medical test. Just COVID test if landing on or after Jan 7th.