+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post -study PGWP

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
After your studies, you have about 180 days or so to apply for PGWP. Now, if you get a skilled job within these days but before your PGWP ,can you claim that period as part of your minimum one year of skilled working experience while applying for PR?

Keith IG Stream

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
After your studies, you have about 180 days or so to apply for PGWP. Now, if you get a skilled job within these days but before your PGWP ,can you claim that period as part of your minimum one year of skilled working experience while applying for PR?
have you applied your pgwp or not?
IRCC begins counting your period of work experience right after you apply for PGWP
If you havent applied but already started working, it's not allowed and won't be counted toward

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No.

You can't work before you apply for the PGWP. Only work experience from the date you applied for the PGWP can be counted.

Reactions: nickgrizzly

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
No.

You can't work before you apply for the PGWP. Only work experience from the date you applied for the PGWP can be counted.
I think I didn't actually framed the question properly. If after your studies, you applied for PGWP immediately on receipt of attestation from the school, can you start working before the approval and receipt of the PGWP and will this working period count?

Keith IG Stream

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I think I didn't actually framed the question properly. If after your studies, you applied for PGWP immediately on receipt of attestation from the school, can you start working before the approval and receipt of the PGWP and will this working period count?
If that is the case then yes, you can start working as long as you already applied for PGWP and are waiting for the result. It will be counted toward to your experiences when applying PR

Reactions: scylla