+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR questions

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
I have received PPR email and will be submitting my passport shortly. I have some questions and would really help if someone can reply:
1) Is there a date given to me, before which I should land in Canada? Is it based on validity period of my medical, I did my medicals in Feb this year, so does that mean I have to land before the same date next year?

2) I plan to find job in Canada while residing in my home country-India. Since I can't anticipate how long this will take so it may not happen before Feb 2017(expiry of my medical) and I would also not like to land in Feb because of weather conditions. Is there a way to extend my landing date?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
I have received PPR email and will be submitting my passport shortly. I have some questions and would really help if someone can reply:
1) Is there a date given to me, before which I should land in Canada? Is it based on validity period of my medical, I did my medicals in Feb this year, so does that mean I have to land before the same date next year?
Yes, it's 1 year from the date of your medical exam.

2) I plan to find job in Canada while residing in my home country-India. Since I can't anticipate how long this will take so it may not happen before Feb 2017(expiry of my medical) and I would also not like to land in Feb because of weather conditions. Is there a way to extend my landing date?
No.
You will only be given an extension under extreme circumstances, such as a hospitalisation, or a death in the family.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello guys,

I have following questions related to PPR/after PPR task:

1) I received an email with subject line "ready for visa" but no attachment. While submitting passport am I supposed to print whole email and fillup the last part name APPENDIX-B? or print only APPENDIX-B part from the email?

2) Do we need to submit our OLD passport along with the new one or only NEW will be sufficient?

3) I am the principal applicant and I live in Bangladesh. My wife is in Canada now. Now they ask me to send the passport to Singapore through local VFS. I can send mine but what I will do with my wife's passport?
- Can I just send my passport to Singapore and ask my wife to send her passport to Canada VO?
- Do I need to take IRCC permission first by requesting for change of my wife's VO to Canada?
- Is there any specific email format/form we have or just email will do? Which email address?
- If I email them to change my wife's VO do I have to wait for their response too or I can go ahead and submit MY passport? The thing is Singapore VO will take almost a month to send back passport so I want to send mine asap.

I know there might be some discussion about this issue but I was only focusing on getting PPR that time that avoided reading anything else. Can anyone ans/clarify/show me the link of previous posts/forum etc.

Thanks