+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ppr issue with employer

Headwest2019

Feb 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

My AOR was August 2018 and I recently received ppr email.

I have under 4 years of experience with company A (1 year 2 months) and company B (2 years 8 months). I quit company B (5-10 employees) in November, 2018, which was when my application was being processed. I got reference letter from them with all the details required by CIC. Since I've received my ppr email, I assume my work verification is over and my reference letters + bank statements from both company A and company B worked. So, everything is good except for this:

Company B owes me over INR 30k in unpaid wages, and they aren't paying me. They promised they'd pay me after I quit (f&f) but didn't, maybe because they knew I wanted their help with work verification for express entry. But now I'm through that.

So, shall I confront them and demand my salary? I was wondering whether my employer can mess me up by contacting CIC and telling I didn't work there or some shit like that? In other words, is it possible for a vindictive employer to hurt you after you've obtained PR even if you have all the paperwork?

I have the reference letter with his signature and company seal in my possession. I also have bank statements. But I'm worried. Please help. Thank you.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
I am not very experienced with matters like this but have they called your employer? And if so did they confirm the employment?
If they called them before and your employer confirmed your employment i dont think it matters if CIC were called again with different testimony as cic will simply know your company is bull****.
Anyways your employment letter is one letterhead and signed I assumed and no one can obtain such a letter unless he/she worked there. My advice is to ask your employer for the money they owe you politely and bargain with them with reasonable manners.

palanioct09

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Why do relate pending salary amount with express entry back ground check. Keep bugging your employer until they pay you the balance amount. They cant reach CIC first of all. Even if they reach, I believe you have your past month pay slips which includes the PF money, professional tax deducted by employer. Don't worry too much and ask for the payment.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Being a PR and by profession, an HR professional, I guess I can answer both your questions. First, you said right. You got PPR, this means your verifications are through and you are clear. So go ahead and get VISA stamped on your passport. Secondly, as far as salary is concerned, they are bound to pay you if you haven't violated any terms mentioned in your appointment letter (Notice period, proper handover, any indiscipline case or any violation of code of conduct etc)...