+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post landing requirements - quebec investor program

nmustafa

Dec 22, 2012
I have been granted PR and landed in Quebec under the investor program category. What are the requirements to maintain residency, do i need to set up a business, create job opportunities?

nabil2009

Star Member
Apr 23, 2009
nmustafa said:
I have been granted PR and landed in Quebec under the investor program category. What are the requirements to maintain residency, do i need to set up a business, create job opportunities?
congratulation , would like to tell me from where did u apply and how long the process took ?

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
nmustafa said:
Congratulations! Where have you applied from, by the way? No, you do not need to set up a business. You need to reside here for three full years in order to apply for citizenship, and in the meantime, you need to be able to prove to CIC that you have been living here the whole time. I don't know how old you are, but, for instance, enrolling in a 3-year university program makes it much easier to get citizenship (because you have transcripts to prove that you lived here the whole time).

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmustafa said:
Hi Mustafa,

First of all congratulations !!

Will appreciate if you can help me as I have applied as well under Quebec investor program.
Did my interview in November end 2012, got my CSQ in December 2012, paid the investment of
CAD 120k in Feb 2013 and got my file no. on 19th April 2013.

Would like to know how long it takes normally or in your case how long it took from the date you
got your file no. and then you were called for medicals and then what were the procedures and
how long it took to finish all the formalities to get the visa stamped in your passport.

FYI I did my interview in Montreal, Quebec and I have selected my visa office as Abu Dhabi since
I live in Dubai.

Will really be greatful if you can be kind enough to reply so that we can benefit from your
experience.

God bless
Viz

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmustafa said:
Mustafa,

Sorry forgot to reply to your query and I had raised the same question to my lawyer as well and was
informed that I need to stay in Quebec for 3 months or so initially from the time of landing and till we
get our PR cards etc. and then we are free to live and work anywhere in Canada and don't need to
setup any business etc. This is one of the benefits of this program as per my lawyer.

Hope this will be of help.

All the best
God bless

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mustafa,

Will appreciate if you can share your experience with all of us here in this forum so that all other
people can benefit from each other's experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Viz