+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Travel History Question

wbayg

Jun 16, 2016
Hi

I arrived in Canada for doing masters in Fall 2011 and now I am working here after completing my masters. Should I include my arrival to Canada in the travel history?

Thanks

Evaii

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Done....
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2017
wbayg said:
Hi

I arrived in Canada for doing masters in Fall 2011 and now I am working here after completing my masters. Should I include my arrival to Canada in the travel history?

Thanks
I had the same concern. I include my Canadian study and work record in my travel history since it's out of my original country. But I'm not sure if it's necessary. I don't think it's a bad thing to give them as more information as you can as long as it's true.

wbayg

Jun 16, 2016
Evaii said:
I had the same concern. I include my Canadian study and work record in my travel history since it's out of my original country. But I'm not sure if it's necessary. I don't think it's a bad thing to give them as more information as you can as long as it's true.
From what I understand, travel history includes trips outside your country of origin and country of residence. When you arrived in Canada, you actually changed your country of residence.

wbayg

Jun 16, 2016
dan_and said:
Not required. Canada has become your country of residence.

You should make sure to include your change of residential address in the address history, though.

Generally:

Moving somewhere (including a to different country): Include in address history
Traveling (and returning to your country of residence): Include in travel history
Thanks for the quick response. I had the same idea in my mind, just needed some external validation. :)