+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post-ITA - Translation of documents

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK guys, after doing extensive research I still have not been able to find the information on this.

Some of my translated documents do not have enough room at the bottom of the translation page to insert the translator's declaration, so he wrote a declaration with stamp and signature on an entirely new page. The translation page still holds his seal and signature, but as I said, the declaration stating this is a faithful and complete translation of the original document is on a different page.

Now as per CIC, a certified translation must be accompanied by an affidavit from the person who completed the translation. This all makes sense with hard copies because papers are tied and sealed together, but when uploading scanned documents, I could have easily taken his declaration from an entirely different pdf file and insert it into another.

Could somebody who had similar issues comment on this?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Personally, I went with rev.com for all my translations and chose their certified translation option.

The process couldnt be easier as you just upload your file and they send you a certified and signed translation back within 24-48 hours. Pricing was reasonable as well.

That way you can get any documents done in a very short time and they have a fully standardized format for certified translations . Never had any issues using their service, not with CIC or other things I needed a certified translation for.

Dec 16, 2015
I have a record of employment from my country. It's neither in English nor in French, so I gave it to a Certified Canadian translator for translation. I sent it via e-mail, so he put "translated from a copy provided by (name)".

Is this okay, or should I send him the original or a notarized copy of the original?

Thanks

Merry Christmas by the way)

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Re: ITA - Translation of documents

OMG.. I just realized that I didn't scan the certified copies- just the translation, the affidavit and the notary's seal! Asivad, anyone - what do I do now? Scan all the documents all over, this time with the copies, and contact CIC? Is it any use now?

P.S.Sorry for posting it here.
Hi there,

Could you please confirm if the affidavit was signed by the translator only? Or by both, translator and oath commissioner?

Thanks

Emina

Mar 3, 2018
Yesterday evening I found this info, and I think you are right "Every country's standards are different."

Translation of documents
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
• the English or French translation; and
• an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
• a certified copy of the original document.

Affidavit - a document becomes an affidavit when a person signs the document, in the presence of an authorized person, after taking an oath that what the document says is true and accurate. An affidavit is often used in order to verify that a translation of a document accurately reflects what is stated in the original language of the document.

Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:
In Canada:
• a notary public
• a commissioner of oaths
• a commissioner of taking affidavits
Outside of Canada:
• a notary public

So, for example in Russia authorized person can ONLY be a notary public.
Thank you guys for your time.
Actually Court translator do not need notary confirmation because they have Court approval and notary office is just a small branch of the Court , to become Court translator for certain language people have to pass exam and get approval from the Court that they can provide their services inside of the Country and International purposes so once they swear in front of the Court and pass exam they are officially Court translators with valid stamp.Also there are two stamps, one is given to Court translator and one staying on the Court.