+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Reference Letter

kat_ngo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Hi there.. I'm in a dilemma right now regarding the reference letter.

I got an ITA and planning to submit my eAPR by 1st week of July

I am currently employed and just accepted an offer last week and will join another company on 12 June

By right, I should update my profile and submit a reference letter for the new work experience

I have a friend working at my soon-to-be employer and said that it is not really convenient to ask for a reference letter since I'm a newbie and they might doubt my stability

I have 2 options in mind right now:

1. Can I just submit my employment letter instead? It was printed on the company's letterhead and all the details that CIC requires are there except the job description. I will also explain my situation in LOE.

2. Can I just move my new work details on Personal History section?
as of writing, I have 9.5 years of work experience in the same NOC, declaring my new work experience will not affect my CRS points.
I will also explain my situation in LOE.

Please advise if I can do that or kindly throw in some suggestions. Thank you.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
kat_ngo said:

I am currently employed and just accepted an offer last week and will join another company on 12 June

By right, I should update my profile and submit a reference letter for the new work experience

I have a friend working at my soon-to-be employer and said that it is not really convenient to ask for a reference letter since I'm a newbie and they might doubt my stability

1. Can I just submit my employment letter instead? It was printed on the company's letterhead and all the details that CIC requires are there except the job description. I will also explain my situation in LOE.

as of writing, I have 9.5 years of work experience in the same NOC, declaring my new work experience will not affect my CRS points.

Its not an issue.

You can move experience to personal history. I did same

kat_ngo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Amdavadi said:
Its not an issue.

You can move experience to personal history. I did same

Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Did you give them an explanation for doing so? If yes, what did you say?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
kat_ngo said:
Thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Did you give them an explanation for doing so? If yes, what did you say?
I said i am not claiming points so not uploading.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
kat_ngo said:

1) Better get a job description letter from one of your seniors / colleagues signed & stamped by him.

You can find useful info in this link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-job-description-certificate-t487385.0.html