+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA questions

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got an ITA recently (CEC Inland), and i am filling it now, and i have some questions and wonder if you can advice on it.

1. I have a Canadian child, i chose that she will not accompany us, so the system listed her as "Unaccompanied", Is that correct ? or i need to change the answer and say that she will accompany us ?
  2. Do i need to provide a copy of all of my passports ? new and old ? ... or just the current valid ones ?
  3. On my EE Profile (the application i filled pre-ITA), I said that I have a "Job Offer", but that offer did award me and points, because i said that i didn't get a LMIA for it. Now, the system asked me to upload documents about that offer. so I went and changed the answer, and I am saying now that I don't have a valid job offer (which is also true because i am already working in Canada on that position) Question : Would that be counted against me? would they think it's a misrepresentation ?
  4. On my EE Profile (the application i filled pre-ITA), I said that I stopped my master (in my home country) in August 2009, which was incorrect, i actually stopped in Mar 2011. So now on the Post ITA application, i changed it to the correct date (no points lost or awarded). Question : Would that be counted against me? would they think it's a misrepresentation ?
Thanks a lot in advance,

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"On my EE Profile (the application i filled pre-ITA), I said that I have a "Job Offer", but that offer did award me and points, because i said that i didn't get a LMIA for it. Now, the system asked me to upload documents about that offer. so I went and changed the answer, and I am saying now that I don't have a valid job offer (which is also true because i am already working in Canada on that position) Question : Would that be counted against me? would they think it's a misrepresentation ?
The more important question is whether losing the points for a job offer (but that offer did award me and points - can't understand what that means) took you below the threshold score for an ITA. It it did, you have to decline the invitation.

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
"On my EE Profile (the application i filled pre-ITA), I said that I have a "Job Offer", but that offer did award me and points, because i said that i didn't get a LMIA for it. Now, the system asked me to upload documents about that offer. so I went and changed the answer, and I am saying now that I don't have a valid job offer (which is also true because i am already working in Canada on that position) Question : Would that be counted against me? would they think it's a misrepresentation ?
The more important question is whether losing the points for a job offer (but that offer did award me and points - can't understand what that means) took you below the threshold score for an ITA. It it did, you have to decline the invitation.
Thank you ! ... I mean that it DIDN'T award me any point because i don't have a LMIA ... so even after saying "NO" to the "Do you have a valid job offer" my score hasn't changed.