+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

post ITA questions - PLEASE help clarify ...

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hi guys,

I received an ITA and now in the process of getting all the docs ready but I do have some questions - Could you please take few moments to help? I'm also consolidating the main questions others lay have about the process post ITA.

- Passport

My passport will expire on Sep 2016 and I have to submit my application on March 6 as a deadline - Can I renew it now and update my app before submitting? I can get it done in few weeks but I am not sure if this has any impact on the process as I accepted the nomination and the ITA with another passport.

- Wife pregancy

We are expecting a baby for June 2016 - Please advice here. What will happen exactly during the medical? I read that our case will be put on standby mode untill delivery and medicals for my wife and the new baby. is that correct? Should I inform CIC now? if yes, how?

- Education diploma

I'm thinking of merging the last diploma + ECA WES in one file. What do you think?

- Employment Records

They are asking for 1 record for each position and it is impossible to get from my company. I only have 1 letter/record stating all the positions I had last 10 years. I'm with the same company since 2003.

Can I use this one and upload it in all the employment records ? What should I do? Can I just send what I sent to Ontario pnp?

They are also asking for an employment record of a 4 months experience that I had in 2003 as intern and for which I had no letter or record. Please advice.

- Proof of means of Financial

What is the difference between Ontario Pnp and CIC ? Can we just send the same documentation? ... If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

I'm not sure I can get this from my bank. Why they are not asking for the 6 months records ans balance...

In case I cannot, what can I provide instead?

- Payment

How can I change the payement options that I choose? I want to pay only RPRF and pay the rest when asked to do so

Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Hi guys,

I received an ITA and now in the process of getting all the docs ready but I do have some questions - Could you please take few moments to help? I'm also consolidating the main questions others lay have about the process post ITA.

- Passport

My passport will expire on Sep 2016 and I have to submit my application on March 6 as a deadline - Can I renew it now and update my app before submitting? I can get it done in few weeks but I am not sure if this has any impact on the process as I accepted the nomination and the ITA with another passport.

Yes. No problem if your passport is different from the one that was used during PN.

- Wife pregancy

We are expecting a baby for June 2016 - Please advice here. What will happen exactly during the medical? I read that our case will be put on standby mode untill delivery and medicals for my wife and the new baby. is that correct? Should I inform CIC now? if yes, how?

If your spouse does not undergo chest X ray upfront, your application will be put on hold till she completes her term and undergoes the X ray exam as well. You don't have to inform CIC as the clinic will inform them that medicals is incomplete If she does undergo the X ray test now (and some doctors do insist that it is perfectly harmless at most times of term), your application will be processed as usual. In this scenario, you'll have to inform CIC about the birth of your baby, whenever that happens.

- Education diploma

I'm thinking of merging the last diploma + ECA WES in one file. What do you think?

That's the right thing to do.

- Employment Records

They are asking for 1 record for each position and it is impossible to get from my company. I only have 1 letter/record stating all the positions I had last 10 years. I'm with the same company since 2003.

Can I use this one and upload it in all the employment records ? What should I do? Can I just send what I sent to Ontario pnp?

They are also asking for an employment record of a 4 months experience that I had in 2003 as intern and for which I had no letter or record. Please advice.

Remove that internship from Work history. Upload the same letter across all the records. Also, have 1 record for distinct NOC. Not for distinct job position with the same NOC. That will reduce the number of records/line items in Work history.

What is the difference between Ontario Pnp and CIC ? Can we just send the same documentation? ... If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

I'm not sure I can get this from my bank. Why they are not asking for the 6 months records ans balance...

Check 'proof of funds' here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

You can submit 6 months bank statements along with bank letter. Or just the bank letter mentioning current balance and 6 months average balance.
- Payment

How can I change the payement options that I choose? I want to pay only RPRF and pay the rest when asked to do so

Fiddle around in the post ITA application. There is a particular option 'Modify...information' on the top of the page - try that.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Hi guys,

- Passport

Renew your passport then send a Case Specific Enquiry to CSE to update the Immigration Record.

- Wife pregancy

Case Specific Enquiry

- Education diploma

No they have to be listed as separate Educational Credentials

- Employment Records

This will be fine (if the letter has all the duties/responsibilities for each position). Unsure what you sent to Ontario PNP.

Try and inlude the payslips, employment contract letter and anything else which states your duties/responsibilities and the title of each job held in that position.

Ontario PNP is to get nominated by the Province of Ontario based on you having the skill set that the Province is looking for. CIC is the immigration arm of the Canadian government. Yes, provide a letter on bank letterhead stating the following:

1) Accounts held in your name
2) Date accounts opened
3) Balances in each of the accounts
4) Statements over 6 months

See answer to question above.

You need to get this from your bank. No substitute.

- Payment

I think this needs to be paid in one instalment. Other forum members correct me if I'm wrong.

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Got it thank you both. Thanks a lot.

Just one clarification

Remove that internship from Work history. Upload the same letter across all the records. Also, have 1 record for distinct NOC. Not for distinct job position with the same NOC. That will reduce the number of records/line items in Work history.

You mean to say that I can go back to my application and remove the internship from work history and that will not impact my score and so on?

Also, can you please explain more your advice " have 1 record for distinct NOC. Not for distinct job position with the same NOC. That will reduce the number of records/line items in Work history. " I'm not sure I got this one.

Thanks again

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Got it thank you both. Thanks a lot.

Just one clarification

You mean to say that I can go back to my application and remove the internship from work history and that will not impact my score and so on?

Yes. That internship was more than 10 years ago - did not give you any points in the first place so no question of impacting your score.

Also, can you please explain more your advice " have 1 record for distinct NOC. Not for distinct job position with the same NOC. That will reduce the number of records/line items in Work history. " I'm not sure I got this one.

If your NOC remained unchanged since 2003, you can have just 1 entry for Work history and provide the current position. Add a line item if and when there was a change in NOC. Ignore change in position/title.

Thanks again

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Here is my work history

2013 up to now 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers
2010 up to 2013 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2009 / 2010 2171
2007 / 2009 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)
2004 / 2007 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)

So for the 5 items above I can have only 3 right without impacting my app and my score?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Here is my work history

2010 up to 2013 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2009 / 2010 2171
2007 / 2009 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)
2004 / 2007 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)

So for the 5 items above I can have only 3 right without impacting my app and my score?
Yes.

casadog

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Thank you Asivad Anac!

It should be like this - correct?

2009 / 2013 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2004 / 2009 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casadog said:
Thank you Asivad Anac!

It should be like this - correct?

2009 / 2013 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2004 / 2009 2147 - Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)
Yes.

harjeetk

Jan 24, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2016
Doc's Request.
Schedule 4: 03-02-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi

What to write in family section in PR application. Its written not to include the ones who are already identified in the application. I interpret that in my family section, i will give details about my parents and brother sister and not my spouse and kids as they are already identified in the application.
I have a second marriage. Do i need to include my first husband's (expired) details in my daughter's family details as her biological father.
Do i need to include biological mother details for my elder daughter (daughter from my husband's first marriage).

Thanks

saif.2601

Apr 30, 2017
I am an Indian naional but my passport was issued from different country. I have received ITa and have submitted all documents.However, i realised later that I have mentioned Country of issue as the place form where my passport was issued.

What shall i do now to correct this? Shall i send an email to cic / express entry clarifying the above.

Please advise.