+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-ITA Question on educational documents

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Hi all, I am already in POST-ITA stage and filling up my PR Application. One of the documents requested of me for the education section is as follows: You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree.

I completed my degrees in Singapore and the US. I have my BS, MS, and PhD diplomas ready but I was wondering if it would be necessary to include my transcript of records. The problem is, all my transcripts are e-Transcripts which can only be verified when opened with Adobe Acrobat. When I merge all my diplomas and e-Transcripts into one file, as is needed, my e-Transcript for my MS/PhD will have a "VOID" watermark along the diagonal.

I am therefore wondering if I should 1) not submit the transcripts anymore or 2) submit the "void" transcripts but explain that in order for me to send the verified e-Transcript, I must be able to upload the document just by itself. The e-Transcript has an instructions page which I am including.

Can any of you who were in a similar situation provide any feedback? Thank you so much!

awesomejerry

Jan 19, 2023
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2023
AOR Received.
11-02-2023
Med's Done....
20-02-2023
I got my BS and MS from the US and went through WES for all my diplomas. When uploading, I uploaded the WES report, diploma, and unofficial transcripts. However, WES required official transcripts delivered directly to them to verify my education background.

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Yes, I understand that for WES, official transcripts are needed. I had them sent directly from my university but I also uploaded my diploma.

But for the PR application post-ITA, what do you mean by unofficial transcripts? Does your university use e-Transcripts? Or is it a printed transcript that you just scanned?

Thanks for your feedback!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all, I am already in POST-ITA stage and filling up my PR Application. One of the documents requested of me for the education section is as follows: You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree.

I completed my degrees in Singapore and the US. I have my BS, MS, and PhD diplomas ready but I was wondering if it would be necessary to include my transcript of records. The problem is, all my transcripts are e-Transcripts which can only be verified when opened with Adobe Acrobat. When I merge all my diplomas and e-Transcripts into one file, as is needed, my e-Transcript for my MS/PhD will have a "VOID" watermark along the diagonal.

I am therefore wondering if I should 1) not submit the transcripts anymore or 2) submit the "void" transcripts but explain that in order for me to send the verified e-Transcript, I must be able to upload the document just by itself. The e-Transcript has an instructions page which I am including.

Can any of you who were in a similar situation provide any feedback? Thank you so much!
Upload all the completion certificates and transcripts of your degrees irrespective of the one you have sent or not sent to WES. By unofficial it could be the ones you can download at home like some Unis give access of myequals to the students for future use.

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......

You can merge them into a Portofolio by using Adobe Actobat. I did the same thing in order to keep the the digital signature of my reference letter. See this thread for more info: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/issue-merging-electronic-signed-pdf.777891/post-10222050 .

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Open transcript
Print as PDF
This will freeze the signature.

Alternatively you can take snippet of pdf as image and use that to merge