+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Query

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
Hi All,
I received ITA for CEC draw on May 28th. I have 2 ielts score test reports with me. Due to my negligence I uploaded the less validity one which will be expired on July 6th. I cannot submit my application before 6th july as I just applied for Indian PCC today. Can I update my other ilets score report which has more validity ( 5 more months to expire) while submitting my application now .my profile points don't change .I did not accept or decline the ITA yet. please suggest.Thanks

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
No, not true at all. You should always update information if it is inaccurate or you have new information.

There can be a problem if the new information leads to a reduction in your CRS score or you no longer meeting MEC.

But you said your new IELTS results do not change your score, so there is no issuer there.
Yeah my score wont change. But should I submit my application before July 6th or update my application with new scores and submit my application within 90 days timeline. since I wont be getting my PCC any sooner. I read in the forum that ilets report should not be expire when we submit for AOR.

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
But you said you have a new IELTS report that is valid for longer, correct?

The rule only states that your test results need to be valid at the time of ITA and time of eAPR. But it needn't necessarily be the same test results.

You should update your profile with the scores of the report that has the longer validity, once again ensuring that your points will not reduce.

Then wait for your PCC to arrive.
Yeah I have a secondary score card which is not new but has more validity compared to the existing one in the profile. How about creating a new profile with secondary score card and declining this ITA. Can I create multiple profiles without declining the current ITA.

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
Why do you want to decline the ITA?

Just update your scores. Or did you mess around with the test results and they aren't legit?

And no, you cannot create multiple profiles.
The only reason for me to decline ITA is confusion regarding updating my profile with other score results after receiving ITA.
Also,I did not mess around with my ilets results, I have only submitted ilets report with less validity one. Both my score reports are legit.
I will consider all your inputs and I wont create multiple profiles.

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
Okay, that's good then.

Again, there is no rule that you cannot update your post-ITA language test results.

If you are concerned about what you have read elsewhere, please supply the link and I am happy to evaluate it for you.

Also, please read the page below. It explains in detail why an application will be refused when there is a discrepancy between the ITA and eAPR. You will notice that it will only be refused if you no longer meet the MEC, or if your points drop below the CRS threshold of the round of invitation you were invited for.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html
can I please have some understanding on kryt0n 's comment.
he says- IELTS must be valid at the time of submission, not ITA

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/after-ita-ielts-issue.479664/

rahul36

Jun 8, 2020
See above - it's a different situation.

This person didn't have new scores at the time they were discussing this. If they submit with expired scores and no new scores, they would be rejected.

This comment:
"IELTS must be valid at the time of submission, not ITA."

is not entirely accurate. You must have valid test results at time of both ITA and eAPR (referred to as submission above).

Again, please read the link I posted above. There is no need to decline your ITA if you already have language test results that are valid.
I
See above - it's a different situation.

This person didn't have new scores at the time they were discussing this. If they submit with expired scores and no new scores, they would be rejected.

This comment:
"IELTS must be valid at the time of submission, not ITA."

is not entirely accurate. You must have valid test results at time of both ITA and eAPR (referred to as submission above).

Again, please read the link I posted above. There is no need to decline your ITA if you already have language test results that are valid.
I really appreciate your response. I will go ahead with ITA as my test results are valid untill November. Once again thanks