+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA profile work experience mistake

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Post ITA work experience question please..

I just realized that I had a mistake in my work experience in my EE profile, it showed only one job from 2018 till today, however the correct thing is that it's from 2018 till 2022 at a self employed job (my company but wasn't established yet), and 2022 onwards at the same company but with establishment paperwork.

The thing is, the name on the wrong job was for a my current company, which hadn't existed in 2018 yet.

My NOC is still the same, working duration isn't affected, no change in CRS points, and I have experience letter from my client showing both durations and the bank statements showing the money transferred each month.

Can someone advise if this is considered misrepresentation or is it just a mistake that won't be asked about?

Thanks in advance.

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
Sorry the question is a bit confusing. But I understand correctly you have two options. You can either explain this through a concise explanation letter or reject the ITA, resubmit profile correctly and reapply.

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Sorry the question is a bit confusing. But I understand correctly you have two options. You can either explain this through a concise explanation letter or reject the ITA, resubmit profile correctly and reapply.
Let me clarify the issue.

I mistakenly put my experience since 2018 in one record, which is in a company I established in 2022 and currently working in, so it didn't exist/have official paperwork back in 2018 but.

With that said, it's always been the same job, same client, same everything, and I even have a reference letter from my client whom I provide my services to them in full time and with the correct split between 2018 and 2022.

I'm very reluctant to decline my invitation since I received it on the last targeted draw, and afraid there won't be another low cut off.

Do you think, that since this mistake has no impact on my score or application overall, should not make any problem?

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
Ok so if you have a letter from the client showing NOC and all duties and you have pay stubs to support that then yes this shouldn’t be an issue.

Essentially the company name should be your client’s company name matching the name on the reference letter. And if this is a discrepancy it might need to be clarified through a explanation letter.

I would suggest to wait to hear from other forum members.

Reactions: hiato

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Thanks! regarding the company name, you mean in the duration where I didn't have paperwork for my company, so I should put the name of my client in the eAPR profile and check the "Self Employed" box, correct?

Then 2022 onwards, the company name should be my company name, but with also the self employed box checked, right?

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Ok so if you have a letter from the client showing NOC and all duties and you have pay stubs to support that then yes this shouldn’t be an issue.

Essentially the company name should be your client’s company name matching the name on the reference letter. And if this is a discrepancy it might need to be clarified through a explanation letter.

I would suggest to wait to hear from other forum members.
The issue is I've put a company name that doesn't exist between 2018 and 2022, it existed 2022 onwards.

Could that be seen as misrepresentation?

LouisChandler

Jul 15, 2023
Post ITA work experience question please..

I just realized that I had a mistake in my work experience in my EE profile, it showed only one job from 2018 till today, however the correct thing is that it's from 2018 till 2022 at a self employed job (my company but wasn't established yet), and 2022 onwards at the same company but with establishment paperwork.

The thing is, the name on the wrong job was for a my current company, which hadn't existed in 2018 yet.

My NOC is still the same, working duration isn't affected, no change in CRS points, and I have experience letter from my client showing both durations and the bank statements showing the money transferred each month.

Can someone advise if this is considered misrepresentation or is it just a mistake that won't be asked about?

Thanks in advance.
It seems like an honest mistake. Make sure to explain the situation in detail to avoid any confusion.

Reactions: hiato