+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Profile entry: what to fill in Marital Status when i am legally separated

cjng2ca

Jan 26, 2019
Hello all,
I am currently going through a divorce and entered Express Entry with the marital status "Legally Separated". I have received an Invitation to Apply and in the marital status form, it is asking me to put in the date the marriage ended... however the divorce is still pending and in court so it's officially not over. I intend to attach the legal documents that show that the divorce is on the way but i just dont know how to fill this form. what should i put as the end date?

please can anyone help me with this info? Thanks a million folds

ProfMovingToCanada

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hello, I am sorry to see no one replied to this. It is a question relevant to my case. If you could share what happened in your case and what you replied to the question (I know it has been a while now), that could be very useful for me and others going through similar questions. Thank you!

Shrina04

Aug 9, 2019
Hello all,
I am currently going through a divorce and entered Express Entry with the marital status "Legally Separated". I have received an Invitation to Apply and in the marital status form, it is asking me to put in the date the marriage ended... however the divorce is still pending and in court so it's officially not over. I intend to attach the legal documents that show that the divorce is on the way but i just dont know how to fill this form. what should i put as the end date?

please can anyone help me with this info? Thanks a million folds
Hey Hi, I have the same situation as yours.
Could you please tell me what did you put in for the marriage end date.

Thanks