+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA procedures.

Shallu123

Sep 17, 2018
I have received ITA. Will I have to submit all documents within 60 days or can it be extended?

I have received ITA but don’t have marriage certificate. Can an affidavit do the job?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have received ITA. Will I have to submit all documents within 60 days or can it be extended?

I have received ITA but don’t have marriage certificate. Can an affidavit do the job?
Deadline cannot be extended... you should be submitting a complete application else it will be rejected..

If you still need more time I suggest decline the ITA which will bring you back to the pool so you can get a new ITA in the next draw, if you are over and above the cut off

I’m not sure about the affidavit if it will work or not..

Marriage certificate
Purpose
To validate marital status claims

Document requirements
  • This document is requested only when marital status is listed as married.
  • The marriage must be valid under the law of the country where it took place and under Canadian law.
    • A marriage performed in an embassy or consulate must comply with the law of the host country where it took place, not the country of nationality of the embassy or consulate.
  • If the applicant married in Canada, a copy of the marriage certificate issued by the province or territory where the marriage took place must be provided.
  • If the applicant married outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the marriage took place must be provided.
Individuals who must submit this documentation
  • The principal applicant
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s05

Reactions: bmr

Riya Rai

Aug 25, 2018
Delhi, India
Category........
You need to submit the documents within 60 days, it can’t be extended.

Marriage certificate is required, Affidavit will not work.