+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA pregnancy

fonininom

Apr 3, 2018
Hello!

Should an ITA be declined if the principal applicant is pregnant and is not able to do X-Ray exam before the expiration date of her Ielts test?

Thanks!

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello!

Should an ITA be declined if the principal applicant is pregnant and is not able to do X-Ray exam before the expiration date of her Ielts test?

Thanks!
No. dont decline the ITA. If you are or think u are pregnant, simply inform the panel physician and they will not do the x-ray test. this will be mentioned in the report and does not cause any issue.

Nishant.

Reactions: bmelia

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello!

Thanks!
Hi, it was exactly my case: my wife was 16 weeks pregnant when we received the ITA (I'm the primary applicant).
We received the ITA on 09/20/2017 and we did the medical on 10/23/2017.
AOR 12/12/2017 and on 12/21/2017 the medicals was "we are reviewing the results of your medical exam".
When we did the medical exam we informed the doctor that she's pregnant then she advised us that it's safe to do the X-Ray if we want to do it but it's our decision, the she gave us a paper stating that she's pregnant and when we're expecting the delivery.
Then we decided to do the X-Ray after delivery.
The delivery was on 02/12/2018, we did the X-Ray for my wife on 03/01/208, one day after the medicals changed to passed (without informing CIC that we did the X-Ray).
On 02/17/2018 we raised a CSE informing CIC of the new born.
On 02/23/2018 they advised us on the papers needed to add the new born to our application (they gave us 30 days as a deadline).
On 03/07/2018 we uploaded all the docs for the new born.
On 03/08/2018 I can see the new born in my application as a dependent.
I'm IP2 since 03/08/2018.
ADR section is "we are reviewing the additional documents that you uploaded".

Hope that will be helping for you.

All the best!

bhavind

Nov 29, 2018
Hello. I have received ITA and in process of collecting docs. My wife's expected date is 30th December and we have 27th January to submit all the documents. I contacted CIC via Web form to ask them about next steps but the reply is more like FAQ and doesn't contain any useful information. I read on other forums that I have to upload a letter explaining my situation. Did @bmelia you had to do that as well or after contacting CIC, they updated your application?