+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA help needed

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Travel history section: I am confused which country to make the base country that is whether to include Pakistan and Dubai in the below cases or not?

1. In 2007 I went to England for university on a student Visa. I used to travel back to Pakistan regularly for Summer and Christmas holidays till 2012 when I moved back to Pakistan permanently. So in the travel history section do I mention all my trips to England and all my trips to Pakistan?

2. In 2016 I moved to Dubai for work from Pakistan. I am currently a resident of Dubai. During the last 3 years, I have again traveled frequently to Pakistan. How do I manage these trips in the travel history section?

Personal history section: I have mentioned that from September 2007 September to June 2010 I was at university in England in the education section for which I have gotten points. Now in the personal history section, do I also need to put that during summer of 2009 I did 2-month internship in Pakistan, do I put that as unemployed or do I leave it as it has already been covered in the education section (even though I was in Pakistan for those 2 months).

Address history: Taking from the question above, I have said that from September 2007 to June 2010 I was studying in England. Now do I also need to enter my address details during the summer months when I was travelling back to Pakistan or travelling elsewhere as a tourist?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Travel history section: I am confused which country to make the base country that is whether to include Pakistan and Dubai in the below cases or not?

1. In 2007 I went to England for university on a student Visa. I used to travel back to Pakistan regularly for Summer and Christmas holidays till 2012 when I moved back to Pakistan permanently. So in the travel history section do I mention all my trips to England and all my trips to Pakistan?

2. In 2016 I moved to Dubai for work from Pakistan. I am currently a resident of Dubai. During the last 3 years, I have again traveled frequently to Pakistan. How do I manage these trips in the travel history section?

Personal history section: I have mentioned that from September 2007 September to June 2010 I was at university in England in the education section for which I have gotten points. Now in the personal history section, do I also need to put that during summer of 2009 I did 2-month internship in Pakistan, do I put that as unemployed or do I leave it as it has already been covered in the education section (even though I was in Pakistan for those 2 months).

Address history: Taking from the question above, I have said that from September 2007 to June 2010 I was studying in England. Now do I also need to enter my address details during the summer months when I was travelling back to Pakistan or travelling elsewhere as a tourist?

-- Your country of citizenship is your home country. So all trips are from your home country (guessing it's Pakistan) to UAE and England.

-- yes, include internship in your personal history section. it's okay if there's an overlap of this internship with your education (since you hadn't completed your degree at that point). If you don't mention this, there'd be a conflict with your travel history and personal history section.

Example: University of ABC July 2007 to May 2010
Internship June 2009 to August 2009

-- Yes. Again, if you don't mention the 2 months in pakistan, then your travel history and address history would be in conflict.
So address history would look like this example:

Address UK: 1 July 2007 to 31 May 2009
Home address: 1 June 2009 to July 31 2009
Address UK: 1 August 2009 to 31 May 2010

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for the response. I am still not sure.

Travel History:

The travel history questions asks **Has XXX, and if applicable, XXX's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

1. I get the part that when I used to go to Pakistan from England for summer break etc, I dont need to show that, correct? So I will say:

Sept 2007 to Dec 2007 - England - Studies
Jan 2008 to June 2008 - England - Studies
Sep 2008 to Dec 2008 - England - Studies

2. But since the question also says trip outside country of residence (Dubai in my case since I am a resident of Dubai, not a national). So based on this do i need to show the time in Dubai or not since 2016?

Personal History Section:

I agree with you on the conflict between travel history and personal history part, BUT issue is I dont remember the exact dates of internships and have no record of them. They were unpaid and not counted for CRS points.

So can i just show the time I was doing internship as being back in Pakistan for holidays or as being unemployed?

Address History:

Are you sure that I need to give the home address as well as I was just there for holidays and that has already been covered in the travel history?

Thanks

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
1. Right, you'll be showing visits to England. But not include pakistan here since that's your country of origin. It's only trips OUTSIDE your country of origin. So however long you were outside pakistan is the length of your trip.

Yes, include your trips to Dubai too. Basically whatever time you spent outside of your country of citizenship.

2. Personal history doesn't need exact dates. It only needs month, year.

For CRS points, paid work gets included in "Work History." ALL other activities go under Personal History.

As an applicant, you're job is to disclose everything to the best of your abilities. If for instance, in your background checks, they find an old copy of your resume with that internship listed, this could get construed as misinterpretation. It's upto you if you want to take that risk.

3. There can be no gaps in your address history. They'll likely request information from you later on in the process, and that'll prolong your PR timeline.