+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA, foreign company no long exist

jackjianyuliu

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I received the ITA last week, but I noticed that there is a 3 month foreign work history that I put under work history, the company no long existed, is this okay if I just approach the former manager to ask for a certificate?

selena_0105

Feb 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I received the ITA last week, but I noticed that there is a 3 month foreign work history that I put under work history, the company no long existed, is this okay if I just approach the former manager to ask for a certificate?
I also received ITA last week. I think you can remove those work experience you are not getting scores from and put them in personal history instead. A 3 month experience won't give you any additional points, so better save yourself from the hassle. Only those experiences you put under work experience needs to have complete documentation.

bidiubiu

Jun 8, 2020
I agree with others said, IMO you should move this to personal history. As long as after the change, you are still valid for CEC, you should be fine. I had 11 months of foreign work experience too, I didn’t want the hassle getting documents so I didn’t try to claim points for it.

jackjianyuliu

Apr 15, 2019
I agree with others said, IMO you should move this to personal history. As long as after the change, you are still valid for CEC, you should be fine. I had 11 months of foreign work experience too, I didn’t want the hassle getting documents so I didn’t try to claim points for it.
Thx for reply. but for my case, my foreign work history is calculated toward to point, in such case I think I cannt move this to personal history, is that right?

bidiubiu

Jun 8, 2020
Thx for reply. but for my case, my foreign work history is calculated toward to point, in such case I think I cannt move this to personal history, is that right?
Pls keep in mind that I am not an immigration expert, so can’t answer this question 100% correctly. But as I understand, as long as your CRS point after this change is still higher than the point of the draw round when you get your ITA, you are still fine. I roughly remember foreign work experience less than a year won’t give you any points. You can double check on IRCC website.