+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Express Entry Profile Changes

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
Hello Member – I have few questions on changing my Express Entry Profile. Initially before I got the ITA I put my 6+ Years of Experience in USA as one line item because although I had a different roles they all come under NOC 1122 title and it was continuous employment under the same Company. The reason why I did was because when I called my company they said they were going to give me an employment verification letter Saying I worked there from June 2012 to Sep 2018 under the last title I held at the company.

So here are my questions.

1. All I got from my company was a letter saying I worked there from June 2012 to Sep 2018 under the Title Scheduling Engineer. It looks something like this on their company letter head in a PDF document.

“This is to confirm that [name] was employed by [company] as a Scheduling Engineer at a monthly salary of $x,xxx.00 (USD). [name] was employed from June 4,2012 until September 26,2018. [Company Name] is one of the world's largest engineering and construction firms and is recognized as a prime builder in the public and private sectors.”

Does this suffice as proof of employment records?

For further corroboration I am going to have all my Tax Forms (W-2) and all my work Permits (Visa’s and i-797) I have associated with this job attached to it.

2. As you can see my title says “Scheduling Engineer”, but the Title I put in the Express Entry Profile is “Planning Engineer”. Anyone in my profession can vouch that these are the same roles, but I am not sure if the Immigration people wouldn't know the difference and also by mistake I put my time at the company as May 2012 to September 2018, instead of June 2012 to September 2018 (Honest Mistake). Even though it won’t change any points because it is still more than 6 years.

a. Is it safe to make this Title change to Scheduling Engineer or change it to Planning/ Scheduling Engineer.
b. Is it safe to make the duration change by a month?

3. As I said earlier, when I first joined my company the first two years my title was “Quality Engineer” and the last four years was “Planning/ Scheduling Engineer”. Both of them come as a NOC 1122.

Do I need to create another line item for the Quality Engineer? If so what kind of backup should I get to prove it? The company is only giving me an official letter for the last title. I did not want to put something there which I already know they company wouldn't give.

Bottom line is I have the experience and everything to be qualified as a successful candidate. I don’t want to mess up anything based on small technicalities.

I would really appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thank you all!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
First of all you need a letter with detailed job duties. Job title does not matter, they evaluate the duties to see if they match the NOC. If your company cannot provide such a letter, use the letters/forms they used in the H1B filing. It may or may not work.

List each NOC as a different job (only if the job letter distinguishes between job duties). If your job letter/supporting evidence does not distinguish between job duties over the years, then enter it as one job.

You can make changes to your application after ITA. (It can be different from the EE profile). However, if the changes make you ineligible for the program (FSW) or drop your CRS to below round cutoff, then your application will be rejected.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Member – I have few questions on changing my Express Entry Profile. Initially before I got the ITA I put my 6+ Years of Experience in USA as one line item because although I had a different roles they all come under NOC 1122 title and it was continuous employment under the same Company. The reason why I did was because when I called my company they said they were going to give me an employment verification letter Saying I worked there from June 2012 to Sep 2018 under the last title I held at the company.

So here are my questions.

1. All I got from my company was a letter saying I worked there from June 2012 to Sep 2018 under the Title Scheduling Engineer. It looks something like this on their company letter head in a PDF document.

“This is to confirm that [name] was employed by [company] as a Scheduling Engineer at a monthly salary of $x,xxx.00 (USD). [name] was employed from June 4,2012 until September 26,2018. [Company Name] is one of the world's largest engineering and construction firms and is recognized as a prime builder in the public and private sectors.”

Does this suffice as proof of employment records?

For further corroboration I am going to have all my Tax Forms (W-2) and all my work Permits (Visa’s and i-797) I have associated with this job attached to it.

2. As you can see my title says “Scheduling Engineer”, but the Title I put in the Express Entry Profile is “Planning Engineer”. Anyone in my profession can vouch that these are the same roles, but I am not sure if the Immigration people wouldn't know the difference and also by mistake I put my time at the company as May 2012 to September 2018, instead of June 2012 to September 2018 (Honest Mistake). Even though it won’t change any points because it is still more than 6 years.

a. Is it safe to make this Title change to Scheduling Engineer or change it to Planning/ Scheduling Engineer.
b. Is it safe to make the duration change by a month?

3. As I said earlier, when I first joined my company the first two years my title was “Quality Engineer” and the last four years was “Planning/ Scheduling Engineer”. Both of them come as a NOC 1122.

Do I need to create another line item for the Quality Engineer? If so what kind of backup should I get to prove it? The company is only giving me an official letter for the last title. I did not want to put something there which I already know they company wouldn't give.

Bottom line is I have the experience and everything to be qualified as a successful candidate. I don’t want to mess up anything based on small technicalities.

I would really appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thank you all!
1. What about duties and responsibilities in your reference letter?

2. Does not matter, its safe. Just add another line in your reference letter as "was employed under designation X however roles and responsibilities coincide with designationY"

3. No need to create separate line if you were under same company.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a) It is alright to put a Planning Engineer. The titles are not under consideration, but the job responsibilities of an NOC shall match. I am a Robotics Engineer and I had to choose Electrical Engineer, though I am equally good with Mechanical Engineering.

b) Feel free to change the duration and in your case it does not affect you as you still have more than 6 years (you can get 15 points for selection factor of work experience).

c) what you have done so far is correct. Follow the letter of your company, provided your responsibilities remained same and they were falling under the same NOC. Make sure someone in the company or the company itself can confirm in writing, your responsibilities throughout the six years.

Good Luck

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
@mr.preetsingh and @farazafzal - Before I ask you further questions. I just got an message of the ITA and right now I have the option of accept or decline the invitation. When I click on "View your profile" it shows that I cannot make any changes right now. Will this (my profile) be unlocked for changes once I accept the invitation?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mr.preetsingh and @farazafzal - Before I ask you further questions. I just got an message of the ITA and right now I have the option of accept or decline the invitation. When I click on "View your profile" it shows that I cannot make any changes right now. Will this (my profile) be unlocked for changes once I accept the invitation?
You can make changes post ITA, provided it is not affecting reducing your CRS. Accept and you can make changes to your profile.

-- ALl you will have to do is to mention these in the Letter of Explanation.

Good Luck

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
1. What about duties and responsibilities in your reference letter?

2. Does not matter, its safe. Just add another line in your reference letter as "was employed under designation X however roles and responsibilities coincide with designationY"

3. No need to create separate line if you were under same company.

Thanks Preet. As I said, they did not give me about any duties. I am going to find ouit way on how to do that, because loosk like that is the right things to do anyways. Thanks for answering.

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
a) It is alright to put a Planning Engineer. The titles are not under consideration, but the job responsibilities of an NOC shall match. I am a Robotics Engineer and I had to choose Electrical Engineer, though I am equally good with Mechanical Engineering.

b) Feel free to change the duration and in your case it does not affect you as you still have more than 6 years (you can get 15 points for selection factor of work experience).

c) what you have done so far is correct. Follow the letter of your company, provided your responsibilities remained same and they were falling under the same NOC. Make sure someone in the company or the company itself can confirm in writing, your responsibilities throughout the six years.

Good Luck
Thanks for your response; I am going to pursue that from the company.

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
@mr.preetsingh ; @farazafzal - My next step of action is to see first finalize/ reevaluate what my actual NOC and get the letter from the company and then accept the invitation and then upload all the docs. Obviously all before 60 days. Right now this is the longest pole in my tent and the FBI clearance. Once I have the letters from the company then I will go forward and accept and then change the details. Thanks for all your help. I will keep you posted and for the benefit of others.

Tridentus

Dec 23, 2016
@farazafzal Hey I notice you have substantial experience on making EE changes after receiving ITA on the forums

Wanted to get your thoughts on my application

I received an ITA for this weeks draw (Cut-off: 451) however, I'm thinking of changing my NOC code slightly from 2175 (Web Dev) to 2172 (Data Analyst) because it better matches my job duties. Is it possible to do it at this stage before submitting the ITA?

Context: I applied with 2 years of experience (1.5 year for NOC 1122 and 1 year of 2175). Current points are 476 and if my 2175 is refused, I will still have 453 which is greater than the draw at the time of 451. I think I'm in a good position either way but I'd rather get all my work experience valid rather than just one

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@farazafzal Hey I notice you have substantial experience on making EE changes after receiving ITA on the forums

Wanted to get your thoughts on my application

I received an ITA for this weeks draw (Cut-off: 451) however, I'm thinking of changing my NOC code slightly from 2175 (Web Dev) to 2172 (Data Analyst) because it better matches my job duties. Is it possible to do it at this stage before submitting the ITA?

Context: I applied with 2 years of experience (1.5 year for NOC 1122 and 1 year of 2175). Current points are 476 and if my 2175 is refused, I will still have 453 which is greater than the draw at the time of 451. I think I'm in a good position either way but I'd rather get all my work experience valid rather than just one
It could be late but I am still replying for the benefits of all that you can freely change your NOC.

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Hi everyone. I need your help.

I have made a mistake by requesting my previous employer to write my NOC code on my employment letter. That NOC code 2151 was as per my designation .

Now the thing is my duties match NOC 2251. So my question is if I fill in the right NOC (the corrected one) in express entry profile and mention in LOE that I made a mistake of requesting my employer to write the NOC code based on my designation and request CIC to avoid it as I doesn't match with my duties, do you think it can be any problematic?

I know NOC code wasn't needed on employment letter. But getting letter again from my ex-boss is extremely difficult.

Do you think VO can actually relate that it was a genuine mistake as the NOC code mentioned on employment letter was right as per my designation? Which now I know is wrong way to chose NOC :(

Please suggest if you think LOE will suffice in my case.

Adolescent

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Hi @farazafzal @mr.preetsingh,

I have a few questions. I would be grateful if you could kindly answer my below queries:

I received an NOI from Alberta and now I need to send hard copy documentation by 10 November 19. My NOC 1311 and I have experience of 4 years and 7 months in a single employer in different positions, but duties were similar during the period.
1) Now, how should I prepare my reference letter? State the duties and say that all positions had the same duties or otherwise?

I forgot whether I mentioned all positions in my express entry profile or not.
2) Is there any way I can view my information that is already transmitted into my profile without any impact as Alberta said not to update anything after receiving the NOI? I don't want to update anything, I just want to see what I put there in order to be consistent with Alberta application.

3) I want to get married after I ger nominated. Any idea about it whether it would invalidate the nomination?

Looking forward to your valuable response.

dumebi

Jul 8, 2019
I want to change my option for relative in Canada as I am unable to get necessary documents from my uncle. The change will not affect my CRS but will reduce my eligibility points from 73 to 68. Will ds be a problem? I need urgent response please