+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Express Entry CRS shows 442 while pre-ITA CRS was 440

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
Hi folks,

I received ITA based on my CRS of 440 wherein the education as per WES ECA for my wife was Bachelor's degree(4 years) with no Canadian degree equivalence for MBA in Pharmaceutical Management from SIES College of Management Studies.
Now post receiving ITA as part of my application, I mentioned my wife's Level of Education for MBA degree as 'Master's Degree' and also mentioned WES ECA as 'None'
When I click 'Preview Score' I get my CRS as 442.

Please help whether my application details are correct before I submit my application. Don't want to risk my application being rejected after receiving ITA while in the pool since May 2018.

Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi folks,

I received ITA based on my CRS of 440 wherein the education as per WES ECA for my wife was Bachelor's degree(4 years) with no Canadian degree equivalence for MBA in Pharmaceutical Management from SIES College of Management Studies.
Now post receiving ITA as part of my application, I mentioned my wife's Level of Education for MBA degree as 'Master's Degree' and also mentioned WES ECA as 'None'
When I click 'Preview Score' I get my CRS as 442.

Please help whether my application details are correct before I submit my application. Don't want to risk my application being rejected after receiving ITA while in the pool since May 2018.

Thanks.
Spouse's masters degree increases CRS score by 10 points so it is probably not because of that, But, if you are not claiming points for her education and have not done ECA .. to be safe move her education details to personal history section and see if the score still remains the same.

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
Spouse's masters degree increases CRS score by 10 points so it is probably not because of that, But, if you are not claiming points for her education and have not done ECA .. to be safe move her education details to personal history section and see if the score still remains the same.
As I mentioned, I am claiming the points for my spouse's education and have done WES ECA as per which her degree is not recognized; therefore I mentioned in my profile all ECA details including Level of Education shown on ECA as 'None, or less than secondary but I have filled Level of Education(another field) as 'Master's Degree'

So confused. Please see what I am talking about in the image below
https://ibb.co/gNMfyL

Last edited:

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
As I mentioned, I am claiming the points for my spouse's education and have done WES ECA as per which her degree is not recognized; therefore I mentioned in my profile all ECA details including Level of Education shown on ECA as 'None, or less than secondary but I have filled Level of Education(another field) as 'Master's Degree'

I am about to submit application this weekend so will appreciate any inputs. Thanks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Ok seems like you got ECA for Bachelors but WES didn't give you credential for Masters degree. In that case why do you want to keep Masters in education history? Just keep Bachelors and move masters to personal history.

abhifeb13

May 3, 2015
Ok seems like you got ECA for Bachelors but WES didn't give you credential for Masters degree. In that case why do you want to keep Masters in education history? Just keep Bachelors and move masters to personal history.
Thanks.