+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Education history updates

gauravpatil19

Jun 19, 2019
Hi -

I am assuming this scenario applies to a lot of people applying for a Canadian PR - Express Entry (FSW).
When I created my Express Entry profile, I mentioned my Master's (USA) and my Bachelor's degree (India) and the dates. I answered 'yes' for having a ECA for the Master's and 'no' for the Bachelor's.

I got an ITA but, when I researched a couple of forums I found out that we shouldn't mention bachelor's in that section since it does not have an ECA. I could not find a definitive answer.

Should I just delete the Bachelor's from Educational History section. It makes no difference when it comes to the points or, should I just leave it in and provide a copy of my diploma in the same PDF.

P.S. I don't have enough time to get my Bachelor's assessed.

Thanks.

Last edited:

shahsrushti01

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-06-2019
I would suggest not to remove anything from the application. That creates more doubts. Please add your diploma copy and an explanation letter explaining why you did not provide ECA for the bachelors. It becomes much easier and simpler that way. Hope this helps :)

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hi -

I am assuming this scenario applies to a lot of people applying for a Canadian PR - Express Entry (FSW).
When I created my Express Entry profile, I mentioned my Master's (USA) and my Bachelor's degree (India) and the dates. I answered 'yes' for having a ECA for the Master's and 'no' for the Bachelor's.

I got an ITA but, when I researched a couple of forums I found out that we shouldn't mention bachelor's in that section since it does not have an ECA. I could not find a definitive answer.

Should I just delete the Bachelor's from Educational History section. It makes no difference when it comes to the points or, should I just leave it in and provide a copy of my diploma in the same PDF.

P.S. I don't have enough time get my Bachelor's assessed.

Thanks.
You don't have to remove your bachelor's degree or have it assessed. It makes it a little simpler later on if you only list your master's, but if you've already added it, there's no need to remove it unless you want to. If you want to remove it, include a section in your LOE explaining why you did that. If you want to leave it, simply upload a short letter in the documents section for your bachelor's explaining that you are claiming points for the master's degree and therefore did not have the bachelor's assessed, and that you already indicated in your profile that you did not have an ECA for it. IRCC official policy states that you only need to have the highest degree assessed to claim points for it, so it should not be a problem.

snsajedi

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all, I have similar situation post-ITA:
Only difference is I have got my master in Canada so I don't need ECA. However, during creating the profile I added my bachelor degree (no ECA) also alongside my canadian master degree in the Education History section. Now, after ITA, I still have my bachelor in this section and also my both education have been listed automatically in the personal history. So two question I have:
1- Should I remove my bachelor degree from the education history since it does not have ECA?
2- Should I remove both master and bachelor from personal history list since they have been mentioned in my education history?

Thanks

Rag152

Mar 20, 2021
Hi all, I have similar situation post-ITA:
Only difference is I have got my master in Canada so I don't need ECA. However, during creating the profile I added my bachelor degree (no ECA) also alongside my canadian master degree in the Education History section. Now, after ITA, I still have my bachelor in this section and also my both education have been listed automatically in the personal history. So two question I have:
1- Should I remove my bachelor degree from the education history since it does not have ECA?
2- Should I remove both master and bachelor from personal history list since they have been mentioned in my education history?

Thanks
Hi, can you let me know what you did in this please? Am also in the same situation

Mahdis.mr

Nov 10, 2023
Hello, can you help me? I have put both my masters in education history, i have claimed point for one of them and i am unable to get ECA for both of them. I have an ECA for one of them. Now I have ITA , what should i do?!! It is impossible for me to get an ECA for my second Masters. I didnt know that i should not mention it in education history! I have read that IRCC will ask for ECA of degrees put in education history. What should i do?