+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Education history updates

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by gauravpatil19, Jun 19, 2019.

1. #1 gauravpatil19, Jun 19, 2019 at 1:39 PM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Hi -

I am assuming this scenario applies to a lot of people applying for a Canadian PR - Express Entry (FSW).
    When I created my Express Entry profile, I mentioned my Master's (USA) and my Bachelor's degree (India) and the dates. I answered 'yes' for having a ECA for the Master's and 'no' for the Bachelor's.

I got an ITA but, when I researched a couple of forums I found out that we shouldn't mention bachelor's in that section since it does not have an ECA. I could not find a definitive answer.

Should I just delete the Bachelor's from Educational History section. It makes no difference when it comes to the points or, should I just leave it in and provide a copy of my diploma in the same PDF.

P.S. I don't have enough time to get my Bachelor's assessed.

Thanks.

2. I would suggest not to remove anything from the application. That creates more doubts. Please add your diploma copy and an explanation letter explaining why you did not provide ECA for the bachelors. It becomes much easier and simpler that way. Hope this helps :)

3. You don't have to remove your bachelor's degree or have it assessed. It makes it a little simpler later on if you only list your master's, but if you've already added it, there's no need to remove it unless you want to. If you want to remove it, include a section in your LOE explaining why you did that. If you want to leave it, simply upload a short letter in the documents section for your bachelor's explaining that you are claiming points for the master's degree and therefore did not have the bachelor's assessed, and that you already indicated in your profile that you did not have an ECA for it. IRCC official policy states that you only need to have the highest degree assessed to claim points for it, so it should not be a problem.