+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA- Do I need to block out my SIN on T4?

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am uploading my documents post ITA, Should I use a marker and block out my SIN information on my T4s (as my employment supporting document) ?

Also, I am a CEC applicant and I have a uncle who is Citizen in Canada. How do I prove our relationship? I thought it is only for FSW applicants if they want to claim extra points...

Butterball83

Aug 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I don't think it's necessary to block out your SIN, they'll be conducting a background check so if blocking it is for privacy, there's no point.

On the uncle thing, I am CEC too and have two Canadian Aunts, I was recommended to remove it from my application as I am not gaining any points from it, they might come across it in a background check but because I didn't receive any points it's not necessary for me to prove it.
FSW you would need to prove it though. So you can take it out of your profile.

If you really want to include it you'll have two sections to upload documents, Proof of relationship, so your uncles birth certificate and your parents, whichever side your uncle is on to prove they have the same mother/father and I've heard of people including their own birth cert.
Then you will need to prove your uncles status, so his permanent resident card, passport, citizenship documents... whichever is applicable and something to prove he resides in Canada so a drivers licence or something.

All of these documents need to be scanned front and back.

Can be the most difficult thing to get the birth certs, so if you'd rather avoid that hassle you'll be ok to remove them from your profile as you're not gaining anything by including them.

Hope this helps a little

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
theresazxl said:
Hi Everyone,

I am uploading my documents post ITA, Should I use a marker and block out my SIN information on my T4s (as my employment supporting document) ?

Also, I am a CEC applicant and I have a uncle who is Citizen in Canada. How do I prove our relationship? I thought it is only for FSW applicants if they want to claim extra points...
no need. Your T4 is been sent to the Canadian Govt. who itself are statutory and legalized regulator of the country. Any info that goes to them has no chance of getting leaked or shared with any outside parties.
You can completely trust them about the security of your SIN number.

For the second ques, both CEC and FSW applicants can only claim extra points for their siblings already living in Canada on a PR or citizenship and that also after the first week of June.
You can't claim points whatsoever for your citizen uncle

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for reply!!

I will try to get those documents then, if I couldnt get them, I will remove them from my application

nj1234

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
" when submitting tax information, be sure to black out your Social Insurance Number
(SIN) to protect this personal information. "

is what i have seen in cic website . I was a CEC applicant who just got PR and I did black out SIN while submitting T4 .