+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - Deleting work history

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
Hi Seniors,

I have received my ITA. I have almost 12 years of total work experience and worked in 4 companies, out of which I am unable to get the reference letter from the first company in the required format, where I worked for almost 2 years.

Can I remove that experience from my work history and keep it in the personal history, will it have any negative impact and lead to refusal ?

Also, Could you please let me know if it will have an impact on my FSW score if I remove 2 years from my work history ?

I have CLB-9, Two or more degrees with one more than 3 years and Age 34.

Thanks in advance.

artotti

Nov 9, 2018
I am not sure, but I feel like if that does not decrease your score less than the minimum score on that draw, you should be fine. People might not agree, but the work experience you put on ur profile has for goal to help you claim points for your application. If you want to claim one year, you should be able to just put one year in there without impacting in a bad way your application

HopingForPR

Oct 16, 2018
I am not sure, but I feel like if that does not decrease your score less than the minimum score on that draw, you should be fine. People might not agree, but the work experience you put on ur profile has for goal to help you claim points for your application. If you want to claim one year, you should be able to just put one year in there without impacting in a bad way your application
Thank you. But for FSW I believe 6 years is must to claim maximum points. And for CRS, 3+ is enough..

rujuta1991

Sep 7, 2020
Hi Seniors,

I have received my ITA. I have almost 12 years of total work experience and worked in 4 companies, out of which I am unable to get the reference letter from the first company in the required format, where I worked for almost 2 years.

Can I remove that experience from my work history and keep it in the personal history, will it have any negative impact and lead to refusal ?

Also, Could you please let me know if it will have an impact on my FSW score if I remove 2 years from my work history ?

I have CLB-9, Two or more degrees with one more than 3 years and Age 34.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I am in same situation. I want to remove self employed work experience from work history. Is there any impact of removing it on my application?
I have another experience of 5 years and my CLB 9.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi
I am in same situation. I want to remove self employed work experience from work history. Is there any impact of removing it on my application?
I have another experience of 5 years and my CLB 9.
Check your FSW points and CRS to see if your score will still be above the 67 point grid and the minimum CRS of the round you were invited in. If still above, go ahead and move it to personal history.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html#experience
For FSW, anything beyond 6 years of work experience doesn’t add any points to the 67 point grid so it’ll just waste your time to gather documents to prove an experience that doesn’t add any value to your scores.

for CRS, you get max points for up to 3 years of foreign work experience,

rujuta1991

Sep 7, 2020
My score is 73 for the 6 factors point grid. I don’t think my CRS will be affected and even if does my score is 493 and invitation cut off was around 477.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
My score is 73 for the 6 factors point grid. I don’t think my CRS will be affected and even if does my score is 493 and invitation cut off was around 477.
Then go ahead and remove it if it won’t affect your score.