+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post-ITA checklist: spouse education proof required but she never has one

dan89

Jun 22, 2014
Hi folks,

I got ITA from last week's draw (Jan.27) and after completing the questionnaire a checklist of required documents was generated for me.
My spouse only has high school diploma from her home country, she studied for a bachelor degree part-time over the years (also in her home country) but didn't complete so she doesn't have a post-secondary degree. This information is reflected in her EE profile as well: I added an entry for her part time university study under her "Language and Studies" section and selected "did not complete" for the entry. We didn't claim any CRS points from her education when creating my EE profile.

Now, the generated checklist has her post secondary education proof as one of the required documents, which I am now confused about. Clearly this is not applicable to her since we already provided the information that she did not complete the study in the questionnaire, now I am just not sure whats the best way to handle this.

Should I just write a letter explaining my wife's situation and upload as the education proof? Or should I just remove her part-time study from her EE profile (this is less preferable to me as I don't feel comfortable leaving out this information )?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks for reading.

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delete the entry for her part time university study under her "Language and Studies" section and also High School if you have added it too.

Just leave it blank and you won't be asked for any Education documents to be uploaded for her.

dan89

Jun 22, 2014
thenewbie said:
Delete the entry for her part time university study under her "Language and Studies" section and also High School if you have added it too.

Just leave it blank and you won't be asked for any Education documents to be uploaded for her.
Hi thenewbie,

Thanks for your reply, years ago when she applied for her visitor visa and open work permit we always provided her complete education information in her application forms(high school as well as the uncompleted bachelor's degree), now we are omitting it from her EE profile, could this omission be something that CIC would be alarmed by? If not, I will delete those entries.

Thank you!

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
dan89 said:
Hi thenewbie,

Thanks for your reply, years ago when she applied for her visitor visa and open work permit we always provided her complete education information in her application forms(high school as well as the uncompleted bachelor's degree), now we are omitting it from her EE profile, could this omission be something that CIC would be alarmed by? If not, I will delete those entries.

Thank you!
Or you can include documents she's been using in the past but make sure include the Letter of Explanation and thoroughly explain the situation (no points were awarded etc.).

thenewbie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan89 said:
Hi thenewbie,

Thank you!
Yes, not a problem.

For Express Entry, only enter things which will get you points under Work History / Education History. For all other cases there's a separate section called Personal History which you have to fill after ITA. Make sure to include accurate information under there. Personal History doesn't require any documents as proof.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
thenewbie said:
Yes, not a problem.

For Express Entry, only enter things which will get you points under Work History / Education History. For all other cases there's a separate section called Personal History which you have to fill after ITA. Make sure to include accurate information under there. Personal History doesn't require any documents as proof.
What if in the EE profile (before ITA) the applicant had unknowingly put spouse education and work experience details for which the applicant isn't getting any CRS points, then after receiving the ITA they automatically get reflected (transferred) to their appropriate sections(education and work history) in eAPR, then should the applicant move these details of Edu & work history to personal history section in the EE profile or in the eAPR form, so that he is not asked questions to submit spouse documents for edu & work.

Hope i could explain my question clearly.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
What if in the EE profile (before ITA) the applicant had unknowingly put spouse education and work experience details for which the applicant isn't getting any CRS points, so after receiving the ITA they automatically get reflected (transferred) to their appropriate sections(education and work history) in eAPR, then should the applicant move these details of Edu & work history to personal history section in the EE profile or in the eAPR form, so that he is not asked questions to submit spouse documents for edu & work.

If by EE profile you meant pre-ITA application, that becomes read-only when you get an ITA. If by eAPR form you meant post ITA application, Yes.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
If by EE profile you meant pre-ITA application, that becomes read-only when you get an ITA. If by eAPR form you meant post ITA application, Yes.
Thanks, Thats exactly what i meant by EE profile and eAPR form and wanted to know. :)

dan89

Jun 22, 2014
Thanks for all your responses, so in conclusion, I should just remove all the entries under my wife's education and work history, since we didn't claim any CRS points from them, and move all these entries to personal history section?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan89 said:
Thanks for all your responses, so in conclusion, I should just remove all the entries under my wife and education and work history, since we didn't claim any CRS points from them, and move all these entries to personal history section?
No harm in doing that.

Al Mahmud

Dec 2, 2015
Guys,
I included 10th, 12th and post secondary education details of my wife when filled ee profile. But she has eca for post secondary degrees only. Shall i delete all SSC and HSC education details from her education history and keep only eca completed degrees? Do i need to write LOE if i do so?

munishsainisg

Feb 17, 2017
Guys,
I included 10th, 12th and post secondary education details of my wife when filled ee profile. But she has eca for post secondary degrees only. Shall i delete all SSC and HSC education details from her education history and keep only eca completed degrees? Do i need to write LOE if i do so?
I have same question now? I am on the same boat.
Can anyone please advise

dm1609

Jan 13, 2024
What if in the EE profile (before ITA) the applicant had unknowingly put spouse education and work experience details for which the applicant isn't getting any CRS points, then after receiving the ITA they automatically get reflected (transferred) to their appropriate sections(education and work history) in eAPR, then should the applicant move these details of Edu & work history to personal history section in the EE profile or in the eAPR form, so that he is not asked questions to submit spouse documents for edu & work.

I am in a similar situation.

I accidentally filled my spouse’s education as graduated whereas he had dropped out of his degree. I put the ECA as no so his education points were not added to our CRS score.
Should I modify this in our eAPR and provide an LoE explaining my mistake or decline the invitation?
Please guide.