+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA changes

Nikita2jain

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, can someone please suggest if it is ok to make post ITA changes in the profile.
There is no change is crs score.

i made few mistakes in EE profile.

I have mentioned incorrect working hours. I m full time employed 40hr per week but by mistake i mentioned it as 80 hr per week. Seems to be a trying mistake.

i have selected the LMIA required but i am intra company transfer employee and do not need LMIA.

i have corrected these thing in post ITA profile.
Can someone please suggest. If it id ok to proceed with changes or do i have to decline ITA.

pkural

Jun 22, 2020
Hi Nikita,

Yes, you can make changes to your profile after getting the ITA, and in your case you MUST do it. As submitting application with false or incomplete information can lead to your application being rejected.

Updating your work hours from 80 to 40 hr per week, should not decrease your scores, if it is still for the same duration. (ex: 1 year or whatever in your case etc.). As it would still be considered full-time work.

Regarding the option related to LMIA - which question exactly did you answered incorrectly before?

What did you answer for the following question -

"Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?"

You get 50 points extra for LMIA. If you had gotten 50 points additional because you answered questions related to job offer / LMIA, then you may have to decline the offer.

After you make changes to your ITA profile and once it is complete, continue, and check to see how many scores you get now. If it is below the cut off scores for the draw in which you got the ITA, only then you need to decline it. But if the scores are still above that cut off, than you don't need to, even if information is different than what it was in your EE profile.

Your ITA profile won't get submitted before it asks you to pay the fees.

Nikita2jain

Jun 18, 2020
Hello thanks for the reply.

No i have not selected the “do u have job offer question” as yes. It was selected as NO only.
I have not gained any point for that either.

while filling up the work history since i have mentioned canada experience it is asking me to which of these categories does i fall under?

Do i need to put LOE? If i continue with updating the information.

pkural

Jun 22, 2020
Hello thanks for the reply.

No i have not selected the “do u have job offer question” as yes. It was selected as NO only.
I have not gained any point for that either.

while filling up the work history since i have mentioned canada experience it is asking me to which of these categories does i fall under?

Do i need to put LOE? If i continue with updating the information.
No worries.

No, I don't think you need to put an LOE just to inform them you changed information in your post ITA profile, which was not in your EE profile. But if there is some other reason for which you want to put LOE, you can.

As long as the changes you make to your post ITA profile do not affect your score, which you had earlier when your file got picked up, it is all good, and you don't have to attach a LOE.

If you had answered NO to the job offer question, than you should be good. :)
Because that means you had no additional points earlier.

So, complete all info in your ITA profile and continue with it. Once all info is there, they will show you how much points you get based on info in your ITA profile. And here you have to make sure the points are more than the cut off score for the draw in which you got selected.

Nikita2jain

Jun 18, 2020
Thank you so much. I have calculated my points as preview my score and its the same as before.
So i will proceed as suggested.

Oct 30, 2018
Please!
I have 1 canadian diploma, 1 bachelor degree and 1 master degree. But in my profile I wrongly included 1 diploma and 2 master...
I realized my mistake when I was filling out the ITA forms.
My crs did not change as I received the score for the highest education...
will I have problems with this change?
thank you !!

kunalpuri1888

Feb 17, 2021
I submitted correcting the same post ita. My assessments got cleared too.
I made some mistakes in my express entry profile.
1. Ielts date wrong 8sept instead of 9.
2. intended to work in canada yes and after that postive lmia no
now i was worried can i make these changes in post ita? because these mistakes wouldnot effect crs score.
thanks

Nikita2jain

Jun 18, 2020
I made some mistakes in my express entry profile.
1. Ielts date wrong 8sept instead of 9.
2. intended to work in canada yes and after that postive lmia no
now i was worried can i make these changes in post ita? because these mistakes wouldnot effect crs score.
thanks
Hi, i nearly made the same mistake. Put the wrong ielts date. And something while selecting the lmia option too.
I corrected all these mistakes and submitted. Myfile is almost approved..if it is not gonna affect crs point. You can go ahead and submit it.

Amanpreet1186

Jul 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have got an ITA under CEC and l’m in process of completing my application
Need to make some changes after ITA. Below are my queries:
- While creating my EE profile I answered ‘No’ in the question: Have you applied for IRCC before?
Will that lead to misinterpretation? Or can I provided the UCI number in my application explaining the reason in LOE.
-Change in the month of Employment after ITA, my previous employer provided the letter of Employment mentioning the hiring date (18th October) instead of joining date (4th Nov) I’m having 1 year 1 month of experience if i choose the month as November. No change in points
-Do I need to provide all the documents from senior secondary to masters degrees. I am only claiming points for my canadian masters degree.
-Recently I got refusal for work permit extension under public policy- but my file is under reconsideration, should I explain about this issue in my PR application?

Really appreciate your help!

kunalpuri1888

Feb 17, 2021
thats minor changes you can proceed this with letter of explanantion it will not be a big deal until unless there is a change in your crs score.

Umitca

Oct 29, 2022
Hi there,
If i receive an ITA with the score of 483 , but i delete some work experience after ITA and have a 400 score which is blow cut off score, I know i will not be eligible , but what if i pass french exam between ITA and PR application and pump up the score to 495 ? Can i still be eligible although at the time of invitation my score was below cut off score?
thanks

simirp

Nov 1, 2022
hi
please help guys, pre-ITA, I opted “yes” for “intended work in canada “. I got my ITA and now heard I should say “no” if I don’t have LMIA.
I don’t have LMIA nor did I get any extra score for it, if I change my answer from yes to no, my score remains same.
Can I make this change and attach LOE? did someone face the same and receive PR after this change? thanks a lot