+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POST ITA - 2016 Dec guys

anuragchigs

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Group for all those people, who have received the ITA in DEC 2016, and in process of preparing docs, people from PNP or FSW program or CEC.

This is the partial list of documents needed, it will vary case to case, depending on what all you have claimed points on.

Supporting Documents for Primary Applicant
Details Document Name Instructions Options
Not Provided Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Marriage License/Certificate (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of medical exam (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 1 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 2 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Employment Records 3 (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Digital photo (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Letter of Explanation (optional) instructions Upload file

Supporting Documents for Spouse
Details Document Name Instructions Options
Not Provided Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Proof of medical exam (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) instructions Upload file
Not Provided Digital photo (required) instructions Upload file

Thanks
AnuragChigs
ITA on 16th dec 2016 draw.

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's all. Just stick to the CIC generated list.

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spent my Sunday going through my current and old passports to get all trips together I did the last 10 years...apparently I traveled a lot.
Also it's fun (NO, it isn't!) to contact former employers to re-write the reference letter because the original doesn't state the annual salary. The joy of applying for PR!

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If any stamp was on the old passport which is damaged and cancelled, how can one mention this?

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candavisa said:
If any stamp was on the old passport which is damaged and cancelled, how can one mention this?
You are right: not all stamps were perfectly visible, but you vague remember any big trips, don't you? I did my best to find the exact travel dates.
I guess CIC wants to get a good idea on where you have been the last 10 years.

Swapniru

Mar 9, 2016
Hi Anuragchigs,

Thanks for your post. It will indeed help us prepare documents, However I feel, this list is unique for each applicantion because it differs from case to case. e.g. Your list doesn't' mention any document for Spouse's work experience, but in my case it does.

I am actually in the dilemma as to what to do. I had 460 points before 19th November, but after new clause I have revised my profile to include additional 50 points. so I had 510 points and Invitation is received on 16th Dec 2016. But I am not yet sure, if I should accept it, because I am still trying to get a reference letter from employer. I have a letter that my employer has written to CIC while applying work permit and mentions all the required details like full time employment, hours of work, Duties and responsibilities etc., and not sure if it can be treated as documentary evidence of job offer. Also I do not have any evidence that will prove that I will work with the company for one year after PR is approved. and I am not sure how my company will prove that ??

any body in similar situation ? Please guide. Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Swapniru said:
Hi Anuragchigs,

Thanks for your post. It will indeed help us prepare documents, However I feel, this list is unique for each applicantion because it differs from case to case. e.g. Your list doesn't' mention any document for Spouse's work experience, but in my case it does.

I am actually in the dilemma as to what to do. I had 460 points before 19th November, but after new clause I have revised my profile to include additional 50 points. so I had 510 points and Invitation is received on 16th Dec 2016. But I am not yet sure, if I should accept it, because I am still trying to get a reference letter from employer. I have a letter that my employer has written to CIC while applying work permit and mentions all the required details like full time employment, hours of work, Duties and responsibilities etc., and not sure if it can be treated as documentary evidence of job offer. Also I do not have any evidence that will prove that I will work with the company for one year after PR is approved. and I am not sure how my company will prove that ??

any body in similar situation ? Please guide. Thanks.
They need to write you another letter saying they plan on you being at the company for at least a year. If you can't get that you can't claim the points.

Swapniru

Mar 9, 2016
Thanks kryt0n.

I have few other questions. Calling CIC is none other than a nightmare. Is there any option of writing their help desk ? any support email id etc. ? Does anyone know ? Thanks.

anuragchigs

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
KimPositive said:
Spent my Sunday going through my current and old passports to get all trips together I did the last 10 years...apparently I traveled a lot.
Also it's fun (NO, it isn't!) to contact former employers to re-write the reference letter because the original doesn't state the annual salary. The joy of applying for PR!
Does the experience letter from previous jobs has to be issued recently?
I got the letters from my previous jobs in 2014, when I applied for Canada PR without EE.

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuragchigs said:
Does the experience letter from previous jobs has to be issued recently?
I got the letters from my previous jobs in 2014, when I applied for Canada PR without EE.
No, they don't need to be recent. However these are the information that are needed to be included:

Proof must include a reference letter from former employer and pay stubs. The reference letter must:

be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status, the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Since my previous reference letter doesn't state the annual salary, I contacted my manager back home to add that to the reference letter.

klinda

Oct 26, 2016
Hey folks,

I am just going over my checklist and wondering why it looks different. I am a CEC candidate , international student now working in Canada. regarding employment, they are asking me for
-Employment Records
-Offer of Employment
-Letter of employment

I am wondering what will be the difference in between letter of employment and employment records? Why am i being asked an offer of employment (I have one, but the help button specify that it needs to include the job category 0,A or B).

I am not claiming LMIA. Did I not fill the questionaire correctly?
Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klinda said:
Hey folks,

I am just going over my checklist and wondering why it looks different. I am a CEC candidate , international student now working in Canada. regarding employment, they are asking me for
-Employment Records
-Offer of Employment
-Letter of employment

I am wondering what will be the difference in between letter of employment and employment records? Why am i being asked an offer of employment (I have one, but the help button specify that it needs to include the job category 0,A or B).

Thanks!
Because you claimed that you have a valid job offer.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klinda said:
Hey folks,

-Employment Records
-Offer of Employment
-Letter of employment

Thanks!
Offer of Employment - Is your normal offer letter if you are working in Canada.
As you are working here, you might have it.

klinda

Oct 26, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Because you claimed that you have a valid job offer.

Silly me did. But I thought it is was a valid job offer. My job offer meets all the conditions (continuous, permanent, non-seasonal). Is a valid job offer only for people with an LMIA? If yes, can I still change this in my application given that it's the same thing I have on my express entry profile?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klinda said:
Silly me did. But I thought it is was a valid job offer. My job offer meets all the conditions (continuous, permanent, non-seasonal). Is a valid job offer only for people with an LMIA? If yes, can I still change this in my application given that it's the same thing I have on my express entry profile?

Thanks!
Only LMIA or LMIA exempt work permits which are employer specific - you have an open work permit (PGWP i'm assuming) therefore you do not possess a valid job offer.

Did you claim points for having a valid job offer? If not, simply amend the mistake and explain the change in a LOE.