+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA - 11/15/2017

ssnmohammad

Mar 29, 2017
Best response for "If you answered no, explain why this person will not accompany you to Canada."

My situation:
I am in US, and been here for some time(5 years). She is an Indian citizen and post marriage she accompanied me to US. She's been here for almost 2 1/2 years without ever visiting India.

My response points:
1. She wants to stay in India for some time.
2. She is undecided about immigrating to Canada.

Also including her in my application my CRS = 458
I got proof of fund for her as well.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Got ITA yesterday. Do I need to do medical before submit application ? Anyone please explain. Thanks
Yes, you do need to take the medical exam before submitting the application. If you don't submit the proof of medical exam then it might delay the processing of your application.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Best response for "If you answered no, explain why this person will not accompany you to Canada."

My situation:
I am in US, and been here for some time(5 years). She is an Indian citizen and post marriage she accompanied me to US. She's been here for almost 2 1/2 years without ever visiting India.

My response points:
1. She wants to stay in India for some time.
2. She is undecided about immigrating to Canada.

Also including her in my application my CRS = 458
I got proof of fund for her as well.
I am sorry, but is there a question there? What are you trying to get the answer for?

ssnmohammad

Mar 29, 2017
I am sorry, but is there a question there? What are you trying to get the answer for?
My bad. I am trying to answer why my spouse won't be accompanying me to Canada. I am asking if one could share what would be the best response to this question.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
My bad. I am trying to answer why my spouse won't be accompanying me to Canada. I am asking if one could share what would be the best response to this question.
If you are about to create an express entry profile and not sure whether to add your wife as a dependent or not then consider the below.
  • Since your score is 458 with your wife as a dependent and are also financially established to show funds for her as well; I would suggest applying for your wife as well. Once you get the PR all your wife has to do is do a soft landing and apply for the PR card and return to US immediately and she can decide to permanently move or not within the first 2 years of the PR.
But, if you have already decided that you will apply just for yourself then I would suggest giving a reason that makes good sense, such as "she has a job with a really good company in the U.S and she wants to pursue that for the moment and she will try to apply in the future once I am settled down in Canada".

• Don't say she is undecided as that might make the VO feel you may also decide not to move to Canada.
  • Also, don't say she will stay in India for a while as that might raise a question as "even if she wants to stay in India for a while she could have still applied".
Hope this helps.

ssnmohammad

Mar 29, 2017
If you are about to create an express entry profile and not sure whether to add your wife as a dependent or not then consider the below.
  • Since your score is 458 with your wife as a dependent and are also financially established to show funds for her as well; I would suggest applying for your wife as well. Once you get the PR all your wife has to do is do a soft landing and apply for the PR card and return to US immediately and she can decide to permanently move or not within the first 2 years of the PR.
But, if you have already decided that you will apply just for yourself then I would suggest giving a reason that makes good sense, such as "she has a job with a really good company in the U.S and she wants to pursue that for the moment and she will try to apply in the future once I am settled down in Canada".

• Don't say she is undecided as that might make the VO feel you may also decide not to move to Canada.
  • Also, don't say she will stay in India for a while as that might raise a question as "even if she wants to stay in India for a while she could have still applied".
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your input. My spouse is a housewife and I have already gotten the ITA mentioning my spouse won’t be accompanying. What would you suggest.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Thanks for your input. My spouse is a housewife and I have already gotten the ITA mentioning my spouse won’t be accompanying. What would you suggest.
Reject it, add your wife to your application and go back to the pool. You'll anyway get picked up in the next draw and you can submit your application mentioning that your wife will be accompanying you.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
I would consider what Varun is saying. It doesn’t make any sense. Your wife doesn’t work in USA and you are on a work visa here. But, if you get the PR and move to Canada then your wife will have to either move to Canada or go back to India. These are same questions that VO will have. Are you applying for the PR as a back up for when there are some serious issues of H1B visa? If that is the case then your OR might get rejected. I would suggest decline the ITA and reapply with your wife as dependent m, I am sure you will get an ITA in the next draw.

But just for the sake of it, the reason I would say is “I wanted to settled down and find a good job in Canada first and then I will bring my wife to Canada and this process might take from 6 months to an year. As the temporary visa given before the PR is only valid for a few months I didn’t want to take the risk of applying for my wife as well as it might get expired if I dont find a job by then”.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
@koushik90 any updates? Have you ordered gcms notes? Tried calling an agent to know your application status?
No nothing yet. Still in IP1. I officially crossed the extended deadline on Monday 04/16/2018 but still no updates.

I did try calling the customer service number but it always goes to an automated system and the call never gets routed to an actual person, after 15 mins of waiting and pressing buttons all I get is "Sorry we are experiencing a high call volume at the moment, please try again later".

I thought about the GCMS notes, but I read that we cannot apply atleast until 60 days after the complete application has been submitted. I did cross the 60 days now. but if I apply now it takes another 45 days to get the notes seems like that is the earliest they can get it. I don't know if there is any point in doing that.

How about you? Any update or any luck getting a hold of an agent over the phone?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
No nothing yet. Still in IP1. I officially crossed the extended deadline on Monday 04/16/2018 but still no updates.

I did try calling the customer service number but it always goes to an automated system and the call never gets routed to an actual person, after 15 mins of waiting and pressing buttons all I get is "Sorry we are experiencing a high call volume at the moment, please try again later".

I thought about the GCMS notes, but I read that we cannot apply atleast until 60 days after the complete application has been submitted. I did cross the 60 days now. but if I apply now it takes another 45 days to get the notes seems like that is the earliest they can get it. I don't know if there is any point in doing that.

How about you? Any update or any luck getting a hold of an agent over the phone?
Guys, try calling on Thursdays and Fridays- it should go through.

I called last week to enquire the status of my PR card, and got a live person after 20 minutes. Ofcourse, I called from Canada.

Annie_785

May 24, 2017
Hi folks,
I have a complex query and I see this as big trouble...Kindly please help
I have a sibling in Canada for which I received 15 points...His passport bears father name as correct one(updated one) and my passport bears incorrect (old one) as my father underwent passport renewal for name change. Now both of the siblings do not have same name of father...Although I have another supporting documents like birth certificate of both of us..I have received ITA with days left as 80.Kindly guide....If I should go for passport update to beat my father's new name or should I supply other helping documents in immigration file...Can this cause my file rejection??

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Hi folks,
I have a complex query and I see this as big trouble...Kindly please help
I have a sibling in Canada for which I received 15 points...His passport bears father name as correct one(updated one) and my passport bears incorrect (old one) as my father underwent passport renewal for name change. Now both of the siblings do not have same name of father...Although I have another supporting documents like birth certificate of both of us..I have received ITA with days left as 80.Kindly guide....If I should go for passport update to beat my father's new name or should I supply other helping documents in immigration file...Can this cause my file rejection??
If you think you can get the passport updated within the 80 days deadline then I would strongly recommend getting it updated, don't take any chances. This way you can avoid any issues in the future too.

But, if you don't think you can get that updated within the deadline then I would suggest submitting an LOE with your application explaining the situation. And make sure you submit all the supporting documentation too. But, I am not sure as far as the implications of this on your application itself. I would suggest getting a professional opinion if you want to submit the application without updating the name in the passport.

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Guys, try calling on Thursdays and Fridays- it should go through.

I called last week to enquire the status of my PR card, and got a live person after 20 minutes. Ofcourse, I called from Canada.
I will try calling again tomorrow. What number did you use? Is there a certain time that I should try calling.

Also, I am calling from USA using skype maybe that's why I am not able to get a hold of a live person.